Gator_1017
Go Gators
Premium Member
join:2015-02-09
Trenton, FL

Gator_1017

Premium Member

Uverse Expansion

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I'm a newbie to dslreports.com so I apologize if this has been discussed somewhere else. Currently I have Att 6 meg DSL via a remote terminal DSLAM. How would I find out if and when our area is getting upgraded to Uverse. I read all kinds of news about DSL being the past and Fiber being the future. I live in a subdivision, however its a rural area in general. Att CSR is not very helpful, so im hoping for some insider info.

Thanks

Milwaukee PT

Anon

The company does not provided details of future expansion....
Best to check with local government as any expansion would require equipment placement needing approval/permits plus likely local franchise fees to local government.

Otherwise can keep checking address, ask to be notified, watch mail, and look for door to door contractors selling service(s).

Gator_1017
Go Gators
Premium Member
join:2015-02-09
Trenton, FL

Gator_1017

Premium Member

Thanks for the reply. I actually work for the local municipality, but where i live is in the county. I have begged At&t to upgrade our area from DSL to Uverse(reaching I know . Signed up for email notifications and the whole nine yards. Our DSLAM stays full, believe me i know I had to wait for an available port to open just to get DSL, so I know the demand is there. I've been reading up on the "project VIP" and keeping up with the updates. I guess a better question would be, if our DSLAM is not upgraded by year 2015 end, does that mean we are out of luck? Will AT&t ditch the service?