User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

1 edit

Arne Bolen to Prof_Tech

Premium Member

to Prof_Tech

Re: [Anveo] Anveo - How to setup a simple call flow on outbound calls?

said by Prof_Tech:

I think I would like to use the new "Smart routes" feature.

The Smart Route option is a feature in Anveo Direct, not Anveo Retail.
said by Prof_Tech:

Can I set it up to route toll free numbers to standard Retail?

Do you use both Anveo Retail and Anveo Direct? If you use Anveo Direct I suggest you route all outgoing calls through Anveo Direct. There would be no point in routing Toll Free calls through Anveo Retail as the rate is $0.01 per minute for Toll Free calls. The rate in Anveo Direct is much lower and shouldn't be an issue as you route most Toll Free calls through your POTS.
Prof_Tech
join:2007-06-30
Quincy, IL

Prof_Tech

said by Arne Bolen:

The Smart Route option is a feature in Anveo Direct

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I am looking at signing up for both Outbound call flows and Anveo direct. But I have to use the new Beta features to access Anveo Direct since I am on DSL and don't have a fixed IP. So I was wondering about routing my 8xx calls through Retail since it doesn't use platform minutes. You're correct, though it may not be an issue since most of my toll free calls go out on my POTS line.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by Prof_Tech:

I am looking at signing up for both Outbound call flows and Anveo direct. But I have to use the new Beta features to access Anveo Direct since I am on DSL and don't have a fixed IP. So I was wondering about routing my 8xx calls through Retail since it doesn't use platform minutes.

I suggest routing all outgoing calls via Anveo Direct, you can use the following settings.

The rate for Toll Free calls on Anveo Retail is $0.01 while it is much lower on Anveo Direct.

Overage Platform Minutes on Anveo Retail cost $0.015, so Toll Free calls via Anveo Direct will be slightly more expensive if you need to use overage Platform Minutes.

IMHO, as most of your Toll Free calls are routed via POTS it's not worth the trouble of setting up a separation of Toll Free calls.

Prof_Tech
Quincy, IL

Prof_Tech

Ok, I give... I signed up for Anveo Direct but it made me create a separate account with a different email address. Then I contacted support and they set up my retail account for Outbound callflows. So far so good. But when I try to create an outbound callflow, the outbound call flow that I created in direct doesn't show up [not surprised] . Do I have to request that support tie the two accounts together or something?

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by Prof_Tech:

Do I have to request that support tie the two accounts together or something?

No, that's not needed. You can use any provider, so it will work with Anveo Direct.

Have you entered the IP addresses for Anveo Retail in Anveo Direct Authorized IP Addresses?

Prof_Tech
Quincy, IL

Prof_Tech

Yes. I figured it out. Didn't realize it would be a standard callflow on the Retail side. Now I just have to configure my Obi to test it. Thanks for your help.
lmartin12
join:2014-12-19
Ezel, KY

lmartin12

I think you will like it. Arne helped me get it setup in this thread. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29813957-Anveo-What-do-I-need-to-make-calls-with-Anveo-Direct
It is all most like having your own phone company.
Prof_Tech
Quincy, IL

Prof_Tech to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
Got it working. Now I have what should be a simple request. I would like to be able to send my call flow local [7 digit] numbers. I should be able to make a couple simple changes in the call flow to do this right? If I get a 7 digit number I simply want to prefix it with say, 1847 before it is sent on to the sip uri control. That's it. But I can't find any documentation on what variables are involved. I'm guessing it should look something like :
lmartin12
join:2014-12-19
Ezel, KY

lmartin12

said by Prof_Tech:

Got it working. Now I have what should be a simple request. I would like to be able to send my call flow local [7 digit] numbers. I should be able to make a couple simple changes in the call flow to do this right? If I get a 7 digit number I simply want to prefix it with say, 1847 before it is sent on to the sip uri control.

You can configure your Obi to do 7 digit dialing. That is what I do. If you do want to do it in the callflow I think the callflow I have pictured above should work. I am not sure how you would configure the IF control. The "false" sip URI control is your regular one. In the "true" one put xxxxxx1847$[call.phone.number]$ in part one. Replace the xxxxxx with you prefix. 1847 will be added to your 7 digit number. I hope I explained it so you can understand.
lmartin12

lmartin12 to Prof_Tech

to Prof_Tech

Click for full size
Click for full size
You could also make a callflow like this that is triggered by extension 847 Put xxxxxx1847$[number]$ in part one of sip URI. You then dial 847# and it will promt you to enter last 7 digits. The bonus is it does not use platform minutes. Great if you are going to make a long call.
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

1 recommendation

anveo to Prof_Tech

Premium Member

to Prof_Tech
said by Prof_Tech:

If I get a 7 digit number I simply want to prefix it with say, 1847 before it is sent on to the sip uri control.

1. Call Flow variables can be updated using VARIABLE widget so to prefix CALL.PHONE.NUMBER variable with 1847 you need to configure VARIABLE according to the first screenshot.

2. To check if CALL.PHONE.NUMBER is 7 digits please configure IF widget according to the second screenshot

cybersaga
join:2011-12-19
Selby, ON

cybersaga

said by anveo:

call.phone.number.length()

Are there any other functions that can be used against a string like that?
Prof_Tech
Quincy, IL

Prof_Tech to anveo

to anveo
Anveo, Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for and is very simple. It turned out I didn't need the "If" function but the screen with the "Set variable" is what I needed.