spc
Search similar:

uniqs
symbiance
join:2012-06-03
Ambridge, PA

symbiance

[Bill] moving fees and installation fees

I just moved to a new address and Comcast told me there hasn't been service here in almost 7 years. After I hooked up my modem and got no signal they told me there's most likely a tap on the line blocking any signal trying to get through.

I can do inside the house cable work myself, all Comcast got to do is the work on the pole. They want to charge me $80.81 for installation and $30 reconnection fee. I want to know if there's anyway to get around these fees? Either by creating a new Comcast account or something
symbiance

symbiance

Anyone?

Orlando57
@comcast.net

Orlando57

Anon

Follow the line outside if you can and see if the drop is hooked up at the pole. If it isn't I don't see how you can get out of a hook up fee since they will need to come out and hook it up.
suggy2004
join:2004-01-07
Conshohocken, PA

suggy2004 to symbiance

to symbiance
From what i read the re-connect charge is to re-instate an acount that was shutoff for non-payment:

Subscriber Agreement
»www.comcast.com/Corporat ··· ent.html

Suspension/Disconnect: If you fail to pay the full amount due for any or all of the Service(s) then Comcast, at its sole discretion in accordance with and subject to applicable law, may suspend or disconnect any or all the Service(s) you receive.

g. Reconnection Fees and Related Charges. If you resume Service(s) after any suspension, we may require you to pay a reconnection fee. If you reinstate any or all Service(s) after disconnection, we may require you to pay an installation fee and/or service activation fee. These fees are in addition to all past due charges and other fees. Reconnection of the Service(s) is subject to our credit policies, this Agreement and applicable law
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to symbiance

to symbiance
said by symbiance:

Either by creating a new Comcast account or something

Since you get a new account# when you move, just call & get on a new customer promo, which they sometimes waive any connect charges...

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to symbiance

Premium Member

to symbiance
Cancel.

Wait 2 weeks.

Free install
symbiance
join:2012-06-03
Ambridge, PA

2 edits

symbiance

Had service for over a year. Comcast told me a new customer wouldn't be able to get this good of a deal

I might see if they can give me blast plus as a new customer or the same deal I have as a new customer. I'll ask if it waives the connection and install fee

Or see if I can get a decent deal on extreme 150
symbiance

symbiance

Got ahold of Comcast. Tried talking them out of it as a new customer deal. They said its unwaivable to new and current customers as they have to send a tech out to untap the lines. They said the techs have to test the lines too to make sure its still usable since it hasn't been used since 2008