All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Voltron
join:2007-08-04
Bloomington, IN

Voltron

[Connection] HD-DTAs & Two Simultaneous Connections (RF/Coax & HDMI)

When using an HD-DTA, is it possible to have a signal come out of both the RF/coax connection and the HDMI connection, at the same time? I would like to send the RF/coax connection to a VCR, while connecting the HDMI connection to my new HD TV. I would like to do this, without the use of a splitter, if that is possible. Thank you for any confirmation you may be able to provide.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

[Connection] Re: HD-DTAs & Two Simultaneous Connections (RF/Coax & HDMI)

Well I don't know why that shouldn't work, but I just tried connecting the Chan 3/4 RF (coaxial) output of a Motorola HD-DTA100u that I have (»Re: [Content] HD DTA ) to an old CRT TV, while it was also connected via its HDMI output to an LCD HDTV, and I can confirm that I could watch on both TVs at the same time (albeit in SD on the old CRT TV).
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

1 recommendation

dishrich to Voltron

to Voltron
It does; from my extensive review:

»[Comcast Equip] HD-DTA's are here in Springfield, IL - a review
quote:
HDMI & RF outputs CAN both be used simultaneously, including on hd channels; however, on the RF output, all hd channels get center-cut. (I tested to an HDTV & SDTV both turned on) Even though there was a HDMI menu option for 4:3, 16:9 & AUTO, I could not find a way to make it so you could make the RF output letterbox or squeezed down

Voltron
join:2007-08-04
Bloomington, IN

Voltron

Hello, telcodad & dishrich:

I want to thank both of you, for your quick and informative responses. This information will help me, greatly, as I plan on purchasing a new 16:9 HDTV. Thank you, again!