spc
Search similar:

uniqs
highfigh0
join:2007-01-15
Pickerington, OH

highfigh0

Cablecard not validating

Was hoping there was a wow rep here who could do what Dan has done for me in the past. I changed my channel package and now my card is not validating. I can tune all local and SD channels, just no HD other than local. On 2nd cable card and have talked with two phone reps. Both want to send a truck. But this is the same state I was in when Dan was able to do something to get it working.

So if there is a rep who can help please let me know and I'll get you my info.

Thanks!

WOW_James
Premium Member
join:2014-12-04
Woodland, GA

WOW_James

Premium Member

I made a few calls and passed your contact info on to the proper people. I have no access to the RF systems so I cant really do a ton personally. But those guys should be in contact and be able to help.

James
highfigh0
Pickerington, OH

highfigh0

Thanks James. Sure appreciate it. I contacted Mike too because I wasn't sure who to touch base with. Thanks for the help!
garnuts
join:2012-02-03
Columbus, OH

garnuts to highfigh0

to highfigh0
I've had this occur multiple times, resulting in many calls to customer service. They look at the account and say everything looks correct but still no HD channels.

Finally, after I argued that a truck roll was not going to help and insisting I speak to a supervisor (with 10 years experience). She again said everything looked correct.

I asked her to look at notes from my previous calls for this problem where she found what a previous rep had noted.

"The HD codes were not on the account/card". Once they were added again, I had all my channels within 10 seconds. How the HD codes get taken off the account is still not clear.

I've been a WOW customer for 10 years, but after the significant rate increases, multiple botched service calls for signal issues, billing errors, and untrained customer service, I'm seriously considering TWC as the lesser of 2 evils and considering switching .
highfigh0
Pickerington, OH

highfigh0

Thanks garnuts. I tried again tonight on the phone with them. Unfortunately they can't even get the card validated. She said whenever she tried to pair the host id with the card it would fail. Again wanted to send a truck. I'm just gonna hold off till Dan gets back or maybe one of the guys here can figure it out.
OldEE
Premium Member
join:2002-08-25
Westerville, OH

1 edit

OldEE to highfigh0

Premium Member

to highfigh0
A month or two ago, I tried to activate a newly obtained Cable Card without success. Returned the card for a new one and tried again. No dice with the second. Returned that one and gave up. I do have three active working cable cards installed with the last two done by phone on the first try and the first one by WOW_Dan.

On the last two failures, I concluded that the call center has moved to a Southern location by the ACCENT of the persons handling my call. Neither seemed to know anything about cable cards and the pairing procedure. Each announced to me that they were successful. They weren't.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to highfigh0

Premium Member

to highfigh0
Can you shoot me the Serial number/MAC address of the cable card, the host ID of the device the cable card is associated to, and either your account number or phone number so I can take a look at this please?
highfigh0
Pickerington, OH

highfigh0

Thanks so much Dan! I sent the info just now.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by highfigh0:

Thanks so much Dan! I sent the info just now.

I sent a couple activation hits down to the cable card. Can you check it and see if that gave you the validation?
highfigh0
Pickerington, OH

highfigh0

You are amazing. Truly! But I wish you would share your cablecard tricks with tech support. They should have it printed out and taped to their desks

Oh....yes, everything is working. Thanks so much Dan!
hardluck6
join:2004-09-27
Largo, FL

hardluck6 to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
Hi WOW_Guys,

I'm having the same validation deal with my newly acquired cable card. Made a couple calls. I'm closer than I was, but still missing channels. Can one of you guys re-ping me?

Much appreciation in advance.
cbus5
join:2015-02-22
Columbus, OH

cbus5 to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
Dan - I just bought a Tivo Roamio and support told me WOW does not have multi-stream cable cards. I've been on here for a few hours and keep seeing people praise your assistance -- help... can I simply get an m-card off ebay and with TIVO info call suport and make this happen? is there a specific m-card I need from WOW? or does WOW not support multi-stream at all ... which I think it does given all the talk here...
Thanks for any adivce
bw1
join:2014-08-22

bw1

Support is wrong. The only cards WOW has are multi-stream. Just have them send you a cable card or pick one up at the local office.

You can't get them from ebay or anywhere else, you must get it from WOW.
cbus5
Columbus, OH

cbus5 to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
UPDATE -- I went to the local WOW office and got the cablecard, which of couse is multistream... I have been on the phone 3 different times attempting to pair the card with my service -- no success. I am able to receive the basic service inclduing locally broadcast digital/HD. I am not able to receive ALL of the other HD channels I pay for... WOW help has a standard set of things they do on their end (unpair, pari, restart your Tivo, etc.). Oh, and in the TiVo screen where you can check cable signal strength, I am receiving all of those channel signals, just not being unencrypted.

I now need to be home tomorrow for a technician who is going to magically fix it. And, WOW asks me if I have a "Service protection plan", otherwise it will cost me! AMAZING.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

If you're still having issues with your cable cards, please private message me your account number, cable card serial number/MAC address, and the Host ID of the device you're plugging the cable card into so I can take a look at it please.
garnuts
join:2012-02-03
Columbus, OH

garnuts to cbus5

to cbus5
I case you missed it, see my experience with HD channels and my cablecard about 10 posts above.
cbus5
Columbus, OH

cbus5

thanks - I tried that last night as I had a problem with older cablecard on other TiVo in early Jan when I downgraded some services. The phone agent, then, was able to fix. I didn't reference the specific HD codes on the account/card, but I will shortly with Tech that will be here.
cbus5

cbus5 to highfigh0

to highfigh0
Working! Dan THANKS for your help! AWESOME!

ColsMike
@myvzw.com

ColsMike

Anon

If you use MoCA to connect TiVo Minis to the Roamio and see a degradation in Internet performance with the TiVo, get a MoCA filter. Split the connection at POE with the cable modem on one side, the filter on the other, then go into any other splitter you may have.
ColsMike

ColsMike to cbus5

Anon

to cbus5
If you use MoCA to connect TiVo Minis to the Roamio and see a degradation in Internet performance with the TiVo, get a MoCA filter. Split the connection at POE with the cable modem on one side, the filter on the other, then go into any other splitter you may have.
cbus5
Columbus, OH

cbus5

No MoCA connection as far as I know. BTW - I thought I was fixed as I had ESPN and most of the other HD channels that I usually watch. I planned on reconciling all thechannels I am paying for this morning and low & behold, I am not getting ALL HD channels in my lineup, that I am paying for. I have been on teh phone with WOW this am for at least an hour so far; they are not equipped to handel these issues. And, as the Tech called the Operations center directly, I asked the Phone Rep to do the same. I am told I the cablecard is set up properly. Of course, it is not... I am not getting quite a few channels that I am paying for... more than frustrating.
cbus5

cbus5

Sorry - I am not using MoCA - both the Roamio AND Mini are conencted through ethernet ...