dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
VoipisGreat
join:2013-03-25

VoipisGreat

rebel collect call feature no longer available?

I have used the collect call feature for a while. Someone just tried to call the local access number but it's not valid anymore. Add I don't see the number on the web site neither. But the feature is still on the help page. Can anyone confirm if it still work or not?

josephf
join:2009-04-26

1 recommendation

josephf

Collect calls still exist?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

He must mean their call back service.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer1:

No, the OP meant Collect Calls.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Haven't thought of that since the old station-to-station and person-to-person calls... I used to use person-to-person to call home after a long trip to show I'd arrived OK. Ask the operator to put a call through to my home number to myself. People there got the call and knew, when asked if I was there, that all was well (and it was FREE!). Oh, the wicked ways of my youth.
VoipisGreat

VoipisGreat to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

said by PX Eliezer1:

No, the OP meant Collect Calls.

Hi Arne, if you were able to take the screenshot I suppose the service still exists? Somehow people is telling me the access number no longer in service and I can find in my rebtel account about the collect call number anymore.
VoipisGreat

VoipisGreat

Can you tell me how to get to the page where you took the screenshot? Thanks

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by VoipisGreat:

Can you tell me how to get to the page where you took the screenshot?

Just go to the Phones page and you will find Collect Calls at the bottom.
»my.rebtel.com/en/Settings/Phones

Arne Bolen

Arne Bolen to VoipisGreat

Premium Member

to VoipisGreat
said by VoipisGreat:

Hi Arne, if you were able to take the screenshot I suppose the service still exists?

Rebtel is the second largest VoIP provider in the world, so rest assured that they still exist.
verix
join:2004-12-30
Oakland, CA

verix

If you go to Local Numbers and click on the link within 'Person can call you back - Find out how', you should still see the access number. Also, my number seems to go down for periods of time and eventually comes back up.
VoipisGreat

VoipisGreat

said by verix:

If you go to Local Numbers and click on the link within 'Person can call you back - Find out how', you should still see the access number. Also, my number seems to go down for periods of time and eventually comes back up.

Somehow on both of my accounts that link disappeared. I used to have it but now nowhere to be seen. That's why I wonder if this service is gone.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by VoipisGreat:

Somehow on both of my accounts that link disappeared. I used to have it but now nowhere to be seen. That's why I wonder if this service is gone.

Simple solution. Remove those contacts without a link and add them again. Now the link will appear again.