Search similar:

uniqs
chazbotampa
join:2015-02-11
Lutz, FL

chazbotampa

[TV] Samsung 3272 DVR stopped recording error 13

Hello,
Hope someone can help.. I'm in Tampa and have the 3272 Samsung DVR and since 2/3/15 it stopped recording anything. All programs I try to manually record go into a list of attempted recordings and say could not record due to an unresolved conflict 13 error. I tried manually recording several shows and channels and the DVR recording light won't come on when pushing the remote button for record. I also removed any series recordings hoping maybe that would clear it and the box was rebooted by BHN and myself a number of times. There arent any programs scheduled or pending to record. It doesnt matter when I try it just puts the program in the same error log list.
A tech came and said he cant fix it but he did nothing but reboot the box again. What happened to the days when techs went into the factory menu on the box and corrected problems? I was told get a new box. I now have a new box not yet hooked up and the 3272 which I would like to get working since it has 2 years of recordings on it that I dont want to lose. The recording % is 45% so it is hardly full. Can someone tell me how to clear the 13 error? It just seems like software related to me. Doesn't any real tech support occur anymore? Two weeks ago I spent 5 hrs on the phone trying to get my BHN phone working starting with dialtone, then voicemail, then the * features. My voice mailbox was reset and I lost all my voicemails without anyone mentioning I should download them from myservices online. I would appreciate is someone knows how to fix this 3272 dvr so I dont have to lose my recordings and also because the new box is the enhanced one which I dont really want plus it's extra $. Thanks!!!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

You say you want to watch the programs you have recorded already. What happens when you push the list button?
chazbotampa
Lutz, FL

chazbotampa

I can watch the previously recorded programs prior to 2/3 when the unit stopped recording. There are no recordings after that date. I cant record anything since 2/3. When I push the list button I get 3 tabs Recorded, Scheduled, and Options.
If I choose recorded it shows all the old shows that were recorded prior to 2/3. If I select scheduled it is all clear as there are none scheduled. If I click options it has 3 choices under it..delete shows, series manager, and recording log. The recording log shows all the attempts that were made to record since 2/3 and next to each it says not recorded due to an unresolved recording conflict (13) There were no conflicts. Many were shows I tried to record the last few days. there were no series scheduled to conflict and no series shows since 2/3 were recorded either. I can push record right now on any show and the show will be added to this error list of shows but wont record. Thank you for your help very much
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to chazbotampa

Premium Member

to chazbotampa
My suggestion is you watch whats on that DVR and start the migration to the new one. If what you are saying is that nothing is scheduled either as single program or series than something is very wrong with the device and it needs to come back. Since you were reluctant to do that because of recorded content perhaps a couple of nights of heavy popcorn and your fav adult beverage are in order. I wish I had better news and remember I am taking this from what you said you have done so far so if you have missed something now is the time to check. As for magic wands to fix this IF you have checked everything above...sorry there are none.
chazbotampa
Lutz, FL

chazbotampa

Thanks so much. Well I got into the more in depth menu options on the box, even got the password to do so, but I dont know what to do in there. I can see all the parameters and there is a category for DVR where I could erase the hard drive or reformat it but I dont know what good that would do. It might allow the box to reload settings from BHN I was thinking and kind of be a clean install but I dont know why conflict 13 has occurred and cannot be rectified so it may just happen again even if I were able to release it by a fresh reload now. I am not sure if erasing the drive would even allow it to reload from being connected to the network. Even if that all happened I would obviously lose all pre-recorded programs that are on it from the past so may as well use the new one which I havent tried. Its a samsung with the ability to record I think 5 or 6 programs at once. I dont need that but the alternative was an older SA DVR or an older Cisco unit. I wanted the same samsung I have now but they didnt have any at the office. So my friend, if you have any advice about doing something in the actual technical menu of the DVR please let me know. If not I will take the easy way out and return this 3272 tomorrow and keep the new samsung enhanced dvr box and start over. Thanks again..and for the quick responses tonight. greatly appreciate it.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to chazbotampa

Premium Member

to chazbotampa
There is nothing in there in the way of settings that will resolve this and if you are not careful you might reformat the drive in which case your programs would be pfff gone. My suggestion is that you go ahead and follow my previous advice...again this is if you have checked and absolutely are sure that nothing is scheduled.
chazbotampa
Lutz, FL

chazbotampa

yes there is nothing at all scheduled. I removed every series that was scheduled and it's totally clean. I then rebooted and tried to record a show that is on right now and it just goes into that error log in the list section with all the other ones that did not record since 2/3. Will mturn in 3272 tomorrow and set up the new one in the am after I watch my old soon to be lost recordings. Just one last comment. If I go into the guide and select the show I am watching right now in there and hit the record button it does change to red and says record when looking at the guide but the DVR doesnt go into record mode. Also while watching a show right now I cant use the rewind function to go back to an earlier part of the current live program Im watching. It doesnt rewind or play using those buttons even thiough the rewind button shows the speed it is rewinding the live show doesnt move backwards at all.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Please open a direct forums thread and include your modem MAC. I want to look at something real quick.
chazbotampa
Lutz, FL

chazbotampa

ok Im new here so I have to see how to open that. Is there any other way to send you the mac directly
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

»/fo ··· sedirect