@army.mil

mount laurel

Anon

[Content] CBS Decades Channel being Added

From my latest bill due in March on Garden State, NJ system

»www.cbscorporation.com/n ··· ?id=1100

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective March 19, 2015, WGN
America SD will be available to customers with XFINITY TV 450
Latino and XFINITY TV 300 Latino packages on channel 191.
Effective March 25, 2015, Univision Deportes Network HD will
be available on Digital Preferred channel 1644 and effective
March 26, 2015, CBS Decades will be available on Limited
Basic channel 244.

caster
@198.41.85.x

caster

Anon

[Content] Re: CBS Decades Channel being Added

no WGN HD?
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to mount laurel

to mount laurel
Be still, my heart! Comcast is adding an HD channel in the Northeast.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by Os:

Of course, that probably means they'll be removing 2 other HD channels now.

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

2 recommendations

DaveDude to mount laurel

to mount laurel
and a %25 increase in charges. Dear Customer because of our complete lack of service, and you have to contact our CEOs mom, we are adding a %25 increase to your bill. Remember we dont care about you. Also a new channel is being added in HD which is a brand new technology, which is 15 years old . We are also deleting 5 hd channels.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

1 recommendation

FureverFurry

Premium Member

said by DaveDude:

Dear Customer because of our complete lack of service, and you have to contact our CEOs mom, we are adding a %25 increase to your bill.

"We are also adding a non-pixelating fee of $10/HD; $6/SD. You may opt-in to receive your bill without obscenities in your name at a fee of $5.95. Thank you for choosing Comcast. We value your money."
wilitos
join:2014-11-11
Reston, VA
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
TP-Link Archer C9

wilitos to mount laurel

to mount laurel

Re: [Content] CBS Decades Channel being Added

been asking for Univision Deportes Network HD for a while now.. wondering if this is also coming to northern VA? my bill for march has other news.. but not this. It would be great if it did.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: [Content] Re: CBS Decades Channel being Added

said by telcodad:

said by Os:

Or worse, compress the crud out of the HD channels we already have more then they already do.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Mike Wolf:

said by telcodad:

said by Os:

Or worse, compress the crud out of the HD channels we already have more then they already do.

Well, as you know, Comcast recently began muxing 4 HD channels on one 256QAM carrier:

»[HD] 4:1 HD compression! and »[HD] More 4:1 HD

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

I think they were forced to add UDN HD due to a lawsuit that was accusing them of blocking it.

We get it for "free" as part of the top package with FIOS as a MPEG-4 HD channel. If you like soccer - you'll love it.
wilitos
join:2014-11-11
Reston, VA
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
TP-Link Archer C9

wilitos

said by SeattleMatt:

I think they were forced to add UDN HD due to a lawsuit that was accusing them of blocking it.

We get it for "free" as part of the top package with FIOS as a MPEG-4 HD channel. If you like soccer - you'll love it.

Yep.. loved it when I had FIOS.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A to mount laurel

to mount laurel

Re: [Content] CBS Decades Channel being Added

KYW's Decades (3.2) Will be on Channel 244 in the Philadephia DMA on March 26th . Will Comcast also put WCBS's Decades (2.2) on Channel 244 in the New York DMA at the same time?
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

CBS Decades is a sub channel, so if the local CBS station has a agreement and sends it to your comcast headend you will get it.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to mount laurel

MVM

to mount laurel
said by mount laurel :

From my latest bill due in March on Garden State, NJ system

America SD will be available to customers with XFINITY TV 450
Latino and XFINITY TV 300 Latino packages on channel 191.
Effective March 25, 2015, Univision Deportes Network HD will
be available on Digital Preferred channel 1644 and effective
March 26, 2015, CBS Decades will be available on Limited
Basic channel 244.

Here is what my bill showed up here in Monmouth County:
(I have bolded the differences.)

America SD/HD will be available to customers with XFINITY TV 450
Latino and XFINITY 300 Latino packages on channels 15/191 and 898 respectively.
Effective March 25, 2015 Univision Deportes Network HD will
be available on Digital Preferred channel 1644 and Bloomberg will
move from ch 103 to ch 36 remaining on the Expanded Basic tier.

Effective March 26, 2015, CBS Decades will be available on Limited
Basic channel 240.
telcodad

telcodad to Dan A

MVM

to Dan A
said by Dan A:

KYW's Decades (3.2) Will be on Channel 244 in the Philadephia DMA on March 26th . Will Comcast also put WCBS's Decades (2.2) on Channel 244 in the New York DMA at the same time?

As seen from my previous post, it appears Comcast is putting CBS Decades on Channel 240 in the NYC DMA.

mount laurel
@army.mil

mount laurel

Anon

Up and running this morning on channel 244 - It should be called the "Daniel Boone" channel:)

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

"... and effective March 26, 2015, CBS Decades will be available on Limited Basic channel 244."
said by mount laurel :

Up and running this morning on channel 244 - It should be called the "Daniel Boone" channel

OK good, thanks.

I meant to check that before leaving home this morning. It's supposed to be on Channel 240 in my area.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to mount laurel

MVM

to mount laurel
Here in the Chicago area, Decades will be available as channel 338 on April 14. WBBM is already broadcasting it. It's currently only a 'Countdown to Decades' programming block.

From the Wikipedia article:
quote:
Decades is officially scheduled to launch on May 25, 2015.
Os
US

Os to mount laurel

to mount laurel
Doing some searches, it appears that the only area getting Univision Deportes HD at this time is Philadelphia. Central PA (including Reading), DC and the areas in the NYC DMA haven't seen it added.

The only place previously to have UDN HD east of Chicago was South Florida, not in Jacksonville or Central FL with Comcast.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

will cbs decades be added in the Pittsburgh, eastern ohio and west Virginia area?

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Click for full size
said by mikedz4:

will cbs decades be added in the Pittsburgh, eastern ohio and west Virginia area?

Well, it is being broadcast by CBS O&O station KDKA Pittsburgh. Comcast should add it to your system if you're in KDKA's DMA.

quote:
CBS Television Stations initially planned to launch Decades on all 16 CBS owned-and-operated (O&O) stations (including two that operate as satellite stations of Minneapolis O&O WCCO-TV); not all of the CBS Television Stations outlets will carry Decades, as CW owned-and-operated stations in markets where CBS Corporation does not own a CBS O&O (such as Tampa and Seattle) were excluded from its initial list of affiliates.

In the Chicago market, where CBS Television Stations and Weigel Broadcasting each own television stations, the network will be carried on CBS O&O WBBM-TV, instead of one of Weigel's three stations in that market ...
Os
US

Os to mount laurel

to mount laurel
Eastern Ohio and Northern WV are not part of the Pittsburgh DMA. All of that is part of the Wheeling/Steubenville or Youngstown DMA once you get to Columbiana County.

The only areas outside PA that are part of the Pittsburgh DMA are the I-68 corridor of WV and Garrett County, MD.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I get Pittsburgh channels and get this-tv plus the digital sub channels from wqed. I get wtae in hd and kdka in hd as well
Os
US

Os

But Weirton is in the Wheeling/Steubenville DMA. Public broadcasting plays by different rules, and that DMA doesn't technically have its own PBS affiliate anyway, as WNPB (WV Public Television) is part of the Pittsburgh DMA (Morgantown), just like WQED.

I would say considering the launch of the ABC subchannel in Wheeling that KDKA and WTAE's days could be numbered at any time whenever the contract is up.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

We are significantly viewed for Pittsburgh. We get all Pittsburgh channels except wpgh which is because Sinclair stopped carriage when wtrf added fox Ohio valley.
Since then Sinclair bought wtov and added fox9 to wtov. So I don't know if we will lose wpxi now but maybe not since wpgh has a news partnership with wpxi.
Comcast would lose customers if they dropped Pittsburgh locals because that is the reason some people haven't switched to satellite is cable has Pittsburgh locals and satellite doesn't

B Coillns
@rr.com

B Coillns to mikedz4

Anon

to mikedz4
Decades is on in Pittsburgh, Digital Channel 2.2. It started on March 16th. You can get it out of the air. I am not sure what channels are designated for Comcast or Verizon cable customers.
Os
US

Os to mikedz4

to mikedz4
Generally, subchannels are not able to be added out-of-market. Sometimes this is because of contracts with other programmers for the same subchannel on a station in that market, but with the smaller markets using subchannels to fill their primary network holes, that isn't an option.

jblues
join:2001-04-28
Allen Park, MI

jblues to mount laurel

to mount laurel
We are getting Decades in Detroit on April 22 (via CBS 62), according to latest bill

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to mount laurel

to mount laurel
I checked and by me in Ocean County it's channel 240, although my TiVo has no program data and Zap2It doesn't even list the number in their lineup. Channel 244 doesn't show up on TiVo nor Zap2It as even existing, just skips right over. I've noticed during commercials that it seems to be broadcast in 480i widescreen with pillarboxing for the 4:3 programming. Also, right now in the lower right corner the channel bug says "Countdown to Decades", whatever that means.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

As mentioned earlier, the main programming doesn't being for another month. They are basically just running a preview loop of programming.