Tex Longhorn
45-35
MVM
join:2001-01-05
Luckenbach

Tex Longhorn

MVM

Quicken 2015

After 8 years, Intuit has come out with an update to Quicken. Has anyone tried it? The reviews haven't been kind.

Lazarus Long
join:2000-11-24
Saint Louis, MO

Lazarus Long

It'a actually quite good. I switched from the Windows version after using it about 15 years. It migrated all my data flawlessly. There new version is still a bit light on reporting, but other than that it works well and is easy to use. Intuit is releasing new features each month or so, based on customer feedback.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to Tex Longhorn

Premium Member

to Tex Longhorn
I cut over to it from the 'ol pen-n-paper a few months ago, and indeed, it is quite good.

It's progressed tremendously over the last few months as well. Really happy with it.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB to Tex Longhorn

Premium Member

to Tex Longhorn
I have looked at Quicken in the past and was under the impression that it was a kind of subscription service. Their website says it is not a subscription service, however it is not clear if your financial data is held on their systems or only on your computer. I am not interested in having any of that data on anything except my machine. Is this a stand-alone-package??

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

bjf123 to Tex Longhorn

Premium Member

to Tex Longhorn
Quicken is the main reason I run Parallels and Windows on my Mac. The Mac version of Quicken, and to a lesser extent, QuickBooks, have been seriously lacking in features compared to the Windows versions. I'd love it if they finally got Quicken working well for Mac.

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham to Tex Longhorn

Premium Member

to Tex Longhorn
Qucken 2015 for MacOS is "better" than has been available, but it still lacks a feature that is a must-have for me to finally migrate over from Quicken Windows...Loan Amortization. I cannot for the life of me understand why that is still missing from a personal finance program...so I wait.
jofallon
Premium Member
join:2002-01-05
Oak Park, IL

1 edit

jofallon to TamaraB

Premium Member

to TamaraB
It stores your data in a file like anything else. I use Little Snitch; I only see it connecting to Intuit to get updates. They're adding features in at a pretty decent clip.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB

Premium Member

said by jofallon:

It stores your data in a file like anything else. I use Little Snitch ...

Thanks! Little snitch here too. Looks like this may be worth a shot. I have used iBank and Money Dance. Don't like either of them.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

Stacy to Tex Longhorn

Premium Member

to Tex Longhorn
Anyone know how Quicken 2015 compares to Quicken 2007 for Lion? Can you pay bills directly from Quicken 2015 and download transactions from a bank without going through the website and importing QIF?

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
Buckingham, PA

buckingham

Premium Member

said by Stacy:

Anyone know how Quicken 2015 compares to Quicken 2007 for Lion? Can you pay bills directly from Quicken 2015 and download transactions from a bank without going through the website and importing QIF?

There is a comparison table on the Quicken website.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

Stacy

Premium Member

said by Stacy:

said by buckingham:

There is a comparison table on the Quicken website.

The only mention I see of the ability to pay bills from within Quicken is on the "Vote For Features" area... so I guess not.

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
Buckingham, PA

buckingham

Premium Member

That's correct...bill pay has not yet been added. "Vote" for the three top new features you want...vote early and often.

babwas
join:2005-04-09
Omaha, NE

babwas to Tex Longhorn

to Tex Longhorn
I have been using it for a couple months now, and it isn't much different from Essentials. Graphics have changed slightly, and not necessarily for the better. Downloads are still hit-or-miss - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. If you are using Essentials, there really isn't a reason to upgrade.