John Galt6

Premium Member

New Ligowave Site Online and Available

»www.ligowave.com/

UAP
@rr.com

UAP

Anon

Their new website looks great. I am curious about the new Infinity product. I need to get my hands on some of those and test them out

»www.ligowave.com/product ··· inity-2n
UAP

UAP to John Galt6

Anon

to John Galt6
Hot off the press. Just called DoubleRadius and placed the first order for some of these. They didn't have them on the website yet, so I called and placed the order. They said they should have the product up later today. Can't wait to try these out.
dadaniel
join:2011-02-09
austria

dadaniel

What's the price for one piece of these?
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to John Galt6

to John Galt6
Damn those "Remember me" options. They fall down when the site changes. Sure they have the option to reset your password but that is assuming you can remember what email you used to set it up in the first place and assuming that email is still valid.

Oh, well... after a bunch of guesses, I'm back in.
wtm
join:2011-04-23
Tempe, AZ

wtm to John Galt6

to John Galt6
Wish there was a way to widen the map view while setting up the "Points" on the TX and RX locations?

UAP
@rr.com

UAP to dadaniel

Anon

to dadaniel
1 piece was $156.00. Here is the link:

»www.doubleradius.com/sto ··· -2n.html

They do offer volume discounts as well.
OHSrob
join:2011-06-08

4 edits

OHSrob to John Galt6

to John Galt6
I really like how they advertise that they don't use junky plastics. Its a bold statement that makes me really like them and want to buy their hardware.

I think a mix of Ligowave, Cambium and Ubiquiti hardware all running the same linux based firmware and TDMA system is the real key to the future.

Especially when more ATH10k products start to show up on market.

And on the tower side of things gateworks boards with mikrotik radio's (Since ubiquiti abandoned this market) running a freebsd fork with a electronically steerable directional switched antenna array.

Use ubiquiti where you know its not going to have much exposure to the elements or ESD problems, and a mix of Ligowave and Cambium everywhere else.

It would be possible to build a wisp where you install the customer once and never have to ever come back by just using the right mix of all vendors equipment and no ubiquiti branded wire.

No more will I find equipment where the LED's plastic has come off because ubiquiti didn't use proper plastics or a proper uv resistant 3m adhesive or bad tough cable.

edit: Its time for the vendor lockin that has become so common place in our market to end.

edit: Post publicly traded ubiquiti has been such a horrible experience that I don't want any more vendor lockin with any company., ive lost my faith in ubiquiti and don't want to be at the mercy of any single vendor.

edit: When I imagine the post publicly traded ubiquiti's board of directors they are like OCP from the 1980's robocop.
raytaylor
join:2009-07-28

raytaylor to John Galt6

to John Galt6
Interesting you mention that idea.
Bitlomat has a firmware you can download which you can load onto a ubnt, cambium or bitlomat radio.

They claim its much better than the stock firmware (not sure about how they can claim that)
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

said by raytaylor:

Bitlomat has a firmware you can download which you can load onto a ubnt, cambium or bitlomat radio.

Does it support the XW hardware platform of UBNT? Replacement for Airmax? UNII2? (ducks)

TomS_
Git-r-done
MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

1 recommendation

TomS_ to John Galt6

MVM

to John Galt6
That logo looks very familiar. Racking my brain trying to figure out what Ive seen that looks like it......

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

Click for full size
Ran into a small problem when working on coverage maps for Technicholas See Profile...

Support ticket has been issued...developers are taking a look.

"It is related with map terrain data which could missing data. I have forwarded this problem to the developers."

You beta tester folks gotta learn how to break things more better.

TomS_
Git-r-done
MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK

TomS_

MVM

»www.stagecoachbus.com/

Similar-ish

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member