spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn

How to setup IPV6 on a C2000t

Has any one successfully got IPV6 working on their C2000t? If so, what are the settings (I used the settings from CL's website...no luck). Can anyone take some screen shots of their IPV6 Wan Settings, IPV6 LAN Settings and IPV6 firewall Settings on their C2000t (that would be fantastic) ??
gapmn

1 recommendation

gapmn

Previously, I had the C2000t in bridge mode and was using a ASUS RT-N66U as my router. I used CL's IPV6 settings (from their website), and had no problems acquiring and using a IPV6 address on the WEB. I have now decided to use the C2000t to authenticate my PPPoe connection and use the RT-N66U as a wireless access point. Just thought I would give a little more background info.
Stunty
join:2013-09-16
Littleton, CO

1 recommendation

Stunty to gapmn

to gapmn
Hi,
go to "advanced setup > IP addressing > IPv6 LAN settings"
enable Stateless type and apply.
go to "advanced setup > IP addressing > IPv6 WAN settings"
enable and select WAN IPv6 protocol "6rd"
gapmn
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn

I tried that...no luck.

dondude
join:2005-09-15
Lehigh Acres, FL

1 edit

1 recommendation

dondude

I used the default DNS servers and it passes IPV6 tests and does speed test. I also allowed incoming traffic under lan settings.Actually default servers are the same as custom. It seems like it takes a couple minutes for IPV6 settings to kick in.
gapmn
Saint Paul, MN

1 recommendation

gapmn

It turns out, I had to do a "factory reset" to default settings and reconfigure. IPV6 works perfect now (I don't know what the problem was). Thanks for the help

dondude
Lehigh Acres, FL

1 recommendation

dondude

»ipv6-test.com/speedtest/

IPV4 speedtest reports embarq
IPV6 speedtest reports qwest
My IPV6 speed is 9mb slower than IPV4 must be due to using tunnel?

gtj
join:2001-12-10
Arvada, CO

1 recommendation

gtj

Use speedtest.comcast.net. It tests both ipv4 and ipv6 and will give you a better comparison.

dondude
Lehigh Acres, FL

1 recommendation

dondude

Yes you are correct GTJ. Comcast speedtest are almost exactly the same no difference in speed seen on other site. Thanks for the info.
stingray71
join:2014-04-28

1 recommendation

stingray71

Still taking serious hit on Download Speeds. Half of my assigned speed. I guess until Dual Stack is full implemented, this will be the norm.
Stunty
join:2013-09-16
Littleton, CO

1 recommendation

Stunty to gapmn

to gapmn
When you do this you mostly depend on the border router... so if the network is not so good, well... you wont get the best out of it.
Are you using PPPoE or IPoE ?
stingray71
join:2014-04-28

1 recommendation

stingray71

PPOE, both my machines are plugged directly into the C2000T Modem. Results are the same on my Windows PC and Ubuntu Laptop.

Pings are okay

IPV6 (»test-ipv6.com/) test site says everything is working okay

Upload speeds are okay on the windows machine only after I followed a tweaking suggestion on a site I found.

Download speeds on both machines about half of my speed, also takes a long time for the test to finish (used multiple test sites).

When using IPV4, everything is fine.

No real need for IPV6, saw this tread and though I'd try it out. Although some sites had my pings coming in lower on IPV6 which is why I'd like to figure this out.

mojorhino
join:2007-09-24
Bartlesville, OK

1 edit

1 recommendation

mojorhino to gapmn

to gapmn
This modem has caused a lot of problems at my work.... It has a lot of bugs & after hours spent on the phone with CenturyLink we have found that they are usually software/firmware related. The good news is the modem gets firmware updates automatically. If I were to guess I bet the modem received an firmware update at some point in time, & probably that plus the factory reset fixed your problem