spc
Search similar:

uniqs
batboiko
join:2015-02-12

batboiko

[TV] Loosing sound when turn off the TV

Hi,

I have 6 tuner DVD model:Samsung SMT-H4372. Every time when i turn off my TV and then turn it on back i don't have sound. So i need to flip the channel and then the sound is back. I try to restart the DVR, change the HDMI cable, change the Power on Channel but nothing has fix this problem. Can someone tell me how to fix that?

Thanks
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

how to fix is going to be trial and error most likely although its an HDMI handshake issue (sounds that way atleast). I would try another HDMI port or try another box and see if there are the same issues
batboiko

batboiko

I try all my HDMI ports and is the same thing
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to batboiko

to batboiko
By chance do you have some component cables lying around you can swap for the HDMI to see if that eliminates the sound issue?
batboiko

batboiko

Unfortunate i trow away this cables long time ago
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
You can pick one up at any of our lobby locations at no charge.
batboiko

batboiko

I don't think i want to do this because i want to watch HD channels. All my HDMI ports was working fine with Verizon 2 months ago. So my problem is with Brighhouse DVR

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

That is info you left out of the original post... did this ONLY start happening the first time you started using the BHN DVR?
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to batboiko

to batboiko
said by batboiko:

I don't think i want to do this because i want to watch HD channels. All my HDMI ports was working fine with Verizon 2 months ago. So my problem is with Brighhouse DVR

The component cables support HD. They are the 5-connector cables (3 video) instead of the older 3-connector composite (1 video) that only supported SD.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
said by batboiko:

This is part of the troubleshooting process...work with us here please. There will be no loss of picture quality while you do this.
batboiko

batboiko to telijah

to telijah
This happened the next day after they install the DVR.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
It doesn't change anything...need to find out if this is the box, the tv or mess mix of both and part of that process is determining whether it crosses both interfaces (hdmi and component).
batboiko

batboiko

I will try with this cables but i'm 100% sure the problem is DVR box. This TV was working fine 2 weeks ago with Verizon box.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
Your other option is a tech or swap out the box then. You came here asking for help in isolating the problem however it appears you have made up your mind already so there really isn't much any of us can do.
esl1885
Premium Member
join:2013-10-03
Clearwater, FL

esl1885 to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
My 2 tuner Samsung does the same thing. I have had all 3 of the 2 tuner DVR's that BH has, and they all have problems with the HDMI handshake. I can hook up any other HDMI device and get instant connection, but the BH DVR's all struggle with the sound. This has occurred with 2 different brands of TV.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
said by esl1885:

My 2 tuner Samsung does the same thing. I have had all 3 of the 2 tuner DVR's that BH has, and they all have problems with the HDMI handshake. I can hook up any other HDMI device and get instant connection, but the BH DVR's all struggle with the sound. This has occurred with 2 different brands of TV.

Uh huh and what make/model TV's would that be? And you reported this when?
batboiko

batboiko

My Tv Model is Sony Bravia. I call BH and they will send me another DVR
esl1885
Premium Member
Clearwater, FL

esl1885 to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
The first was an Element, which I know you don't like, but everything else works with it just fine. The second is a Vizio. Initially the sound just took 10-12 seconds to come on, but after the last update, I have to change channels to get the sound, when turning on the DVR. Picture has always been immediate.
I did report the HDMI problems with the Element, but was assured that it was the less than stellar TV that was the problem, even tho everything else I plugged into it worked, including a Dish DVR. Didn't report the issue with the Vizio as I figured I would get the same answer.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
ESL I need the model numbers please....and while the element isn't a bad TV on the low end for video the audio quality sucks (not to be confused with HDMI interfacing) related to the speakers.
batboiko

batboiko

Sony Bravia RM-YD035
esl1885
Premium Member
Clearwater, FL

esl1885 to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
The Vizio is E390-BO.
batboiko

batboiko

Any More suggestions?

opp
@107.41.52.x

opp to batboiko

Anon

to batboiko
Might be system problem my neighbor has older SA 8300 SD,(hooked up with composite) told me he has had same thing last few days.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
said by batboiko:

Any More suggestions?

How did the replacement go?

opp
@107.41.18.x

opp to opp

Anon

to opp
When my neighbor asked me about his yesterday I had not seen this post yet, I asked if box was left on a SDV channel was on 28 fox news every time, what he falls asleep watching. He had me come over to see this morning was on 28 no audio, he said he would switch tuners sound on other tuner switch back and audio would be back on on 28. I tried swapping tuners this morning that would not work this time (would not respond to command) had to channel up to 29 had audio went back to 28 now had audio is very odd. His obviously only does it after sitting on one channel for a long time, you say every time you turn TV on do you mean after it has been sitting a while, or will it do it immediately after turning TV off over and over, which would point to a HDMI cause.
batboiko

batboiko

I try both methods:
Method 1 - Power off only the TV and then start it back on - no sound (i can start it on after 10 sec there is no difference)

Method 2 - Power Off Tv then power OFF BH DVR- Power On BH DVR then Power on TV - no sound

I'm still waiting for the replacement box
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
said by batboiko:

I'm still waiting for the replacement box

I'm confused...waiting?
batboiko

1 edit

batboiko

So the Brighthouse guy come and he says: "This is normal! In my house i have the same problem. Please wait for DVR Update" Then he change the DVR and yes the problem is still here.
Now i have different "problem". My Brighthouse DVR is blocking HDMI-CEC on my Sony TV for Chromecast and PS3. Before when i was on Verizon when i start my PS3 the video input is moving automatically to my PS3 HDMI input. The same was with Chromecast. Now this is not working. I have to manually navigate to this HDMI input. From were i'm sure is from the DVR? I test it. After i remove the DVR HDMI cable everything is working fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to batboiko

Premium Member

to batboiko
HDMI-CEC is not supported at this time. This has been discussed in several threads here.
esl1885
Premium Member
Clearwater, FL

esl1885

Premium Member

I had a tech visit which cured about 90% of my sound drop out problem, but still, every time I turn off the TV, I have to change channels to get sound.