joewho
Premium Member
join:2004-08-20
Dundee, IL

joewho

Premium Member

vrad pic

Click for full size
Is that a vrad? I've been reading the faq's but it looks like a dslam. It has 2 meters. Knowing what that is will help me know what technology is going to my house? I'm 3 blocks away. I recognize the crossbox and pedastal (not pictured).

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

1 recommendation

rolande

MVM,

Yes, that is a VRAD. The green/faux wood panel box on the left is likely the SAI Serving Area Interface. That is where the wiring from all the customer pedestals connects to the wiring into the VRAD. The old RT DSLAMs were much taller and bigger and were a much stronger beige color usually with orange stickers all over.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U to joewho

Premium Member

to joewho
Not only is it a SAI and VRAD; I think I've worked out of that one once or twice. I think I left a pair of sunglasses there a few years back =)
joewho
Premium Member
join:2004-08-20
Dundee, IL

joewho

Premium Member

Pic was taken using google maps, outdated. The SAI is now a dark white or light beige and there is a short pole with 3 meters next to it. Found 2 more pedastals, not the tiny ones. I think one may serve us, but it's 2 blocks away. The more I try to know this stuff, the more I realize I'll never understand it.

Colder than an ATT lineman's ass out there.