Search similar:

uniqs
ncl2fth
join:2014-10-08
United State

ncl2fth

[Qwest] C2000T in Bridge Mode but 1/2 speed

Hi All,

I just got 40/2 bonded service. Getting the modem into bridged more works OK, but when I speed test, I appear to only get 1/2 speed (1 pair). Both DSL lights are solid green.

I'm using just transparent bridging, none of the 2 tagging options.

Any ideas?

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby

You should get no speed difference.
I use it this way.

A good speedtest site is: »speedtest.comcast.net/
ncl2fth
United State

ncl2fth

I understand it should work -- I've reset the modem to factory, made sure it connects 40/2. When I change to bridged, the same speed test both before and after (century link's own site speed test from their help site) I get 1/2 up and down.. Makes no sense.. and since it's bridged I can't see the actual training of the lights, but since they are green i would assume they are both trained, but the bonding is not working for some reason...

toby
Troy Mcclure
Seattle, WA

toby

On the modem, the two DSL lights will be solid green when they have a good VDSL/ADSL connection.

In your router see if you can add additional routing so that you can still get the modem status screens. What model router are you using?
ncl2fth
United State

ncl2fth

Oh REALLY.. that would be awesome - current a netgear using tomato.. what routing do I need to add?

toby
Troy Mcclure
Seattle, WA

toby to ncl2fth

to ncl2fth
If you're using TomatoUSB or Shibby, which is what I used to use.
I use pfsense which has something similar.

See this image.

»www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/ ··· w-do.jpg

The section called 'route modem ip', on the Basic>Network page, enter the modem's IP address there.

Set you DSL modem IP address [192.168.0.1] to something different than the router's IP address [192.168.1.1], just like in the image above.

Then you should be able to access your modem directly by using the IP address of the modem.

I did notice one problem though with the Shibby Tomato, if BOTH DSL connections are down (red leds), I could not access the modem status page.
I do not know if that is the problem with all flavours of Tomato firmware.

Report back, see if this works for you and let us know what your C2000T reports.

mojorhino
join:2007-09-24
Bartlesville, OK

mojorhino to ncl2fth

to ncl2fth
What equipment you have connected to the modem?
ncl2fth
United State

ncl2fth

I'll let you all know. Mojorhiho I'm switching from a netgear 3500 and a 7000 and a range extender also netgear 1200.

mojorhino
join:2007-09-24
Bartlesville, OK

mojorhino

Have tried configuring a connectoid on your computer & running a speedtest directly from behind the bridged modem with the PPPoE creds on your PC?

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc to toby

to toby
said by toby:

If you're using TomatoUSB or Shibby, which is what I used to use.
I use pfsense which has something similar.

See this image.

»www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/ ··· w-do.jpg

The section called 'route modem ip', on the Basic>Network page, enter the modem's IP address there.

Set you DSL modem IP address [192.168.0.1] to something different than the router's IP address [192.168.1.1], just like in the image above.

Then you should be able to access your modem directly by using the IP address of the modem.

I did notice one problem though with the Shibby Tomato, if BOTH DSL connections are down (red leds), I could not access the modem status page.
I do not know if that is the problem with all flavours of Tomato firmware.

Report back, see if this works for you and let us know what your C2000T reports.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but can you provide more info on this? I use DDWRT with a PK5001Z in bridge mode and would love to be able to access the modem on occasion without having to hard reset it.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

1 recommendation

billaustin

MVM

Most consumer routers, with factory firmware, only allow one IP address on the WAN interface. To reach the modem web GUI, when in bridge mode, requires a second address on the WAN interface in the same range as the modem IP. Some alternate firmwares, and many business class routers, allow multiple IP ranges on the WAN interface.

An alternate method is a second network port on the PC near the modem. A USB to Ethernet adapter works good for this. Put a static IP on this interface (no gateway or DNS needed) in the same range as the modem IP. The bridged modems web interface is now reachable over the second network connection.

toby
Troy Mcclure
Seattle, WA

toby to Hazy Arc

to Hazy Arc
said by Hazy Arc:

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but can you provide more info on this? I use DDWRT with a PK5001Z in bridge mode and would love to be able to access the modem on occasion without having to hard reset it.

DDWRT is more complicated.
»www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/inde ··· guration

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

said by toby:

said by Hazy Arc:

DDWRT is more complicated.
»www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/inde ··· guration

This worked beautifully - thank you!
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to ncl2fth

to ncl2fth
Hello ncl2fth,

If you still need assistance we'd like to help. Please send account & contact info via talktous@centurylink.com.

Thank you very much,

Tom
Social Media Manager
Customer Advocacy
Consumer/Small Business Sales and Care
ncl2fth
United State

ncl2fth

Absolutely. I have been out of town and hadn't yet gotten back to this issue. Stay tuned...
ncl2fth

ncl2fth

All - it seems my issue is resolved.

Before I left my modem firmware was .99. I had checked into the latest version and knew that I would be upgrading it first thing. When I went to do so last night, found it had already upgraded (itself, I presume). When I placed it back into bridged mode, my router worked with it at full, bonded, speed.

I'm still working on getting access to the modem while in bridged mode, I haven't had a chance yet to config and test that.
Stunty
join:2013-09-16
Littleton, CO

Stunty

It's pretty easy. Get your PC with a static IP (192.168.0.x/255.255.255.0) and go to
»192.168.0.1/
xthepeoplesx
join:2013-10-21

xthepeoplesx to ncl2fth

to ncl2fth
I'm not sure if this helps but I put mine in bridged mode and I saw the same thing on a ADSL line. Even though I was training correctly. I put it back and I am still seeing half speeds. Might be something with CLs network right now because it thinks I'm in another state ( west Virginia)... When it gets better I'll check bridged mode again to see if it cuts in half or if it was just a timing matter on CLs network outage...
ncl2fth
United State

ncl2fth to Stunty

to Stunty
Yes, but if I want to go through the router via wifi and then to the modem I don't think that works... Need something in the router to direct me to that subnet. I'm lazy and don't want to have to plug in directly where my modem is when I want to make changes or monitor dal signal.