onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

iPhone 6 and audio device with 30 pin connector

Looking for opinions. I have an audio device that is compatible with the iPhone 4s and back and I'm looking to still use it with the iPhone 6. Which of this kind of adapter is not garbage?
»www.ebay.com/bhp/iphone- ··· -adapter

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

The square 30 pin adapter works great, but can't fit with most iphone cases (you have to take off the bottom of the case to get it to connect), a minor PITA. If it's made by Appe, that is. eBay vendors might be offering knockoffs...caveat emptor.
HappyFrappy
join:2000-10-04
North

HappyFrappy to onebadmofo

to onebadmofo
When you bought your phone should have asked the store employee, when I got my iPhone 5 via Best Buy the sales person asked what kind of docks I used to figure out which kind of adapter was usable/required. 15% accessories discount helped too.

There are three kinds of 30 pin adapters...
--Generics which only support analog audio output/charging, some companies make micro adapters for cars too but if a car or audio device can remotely control the iPhone/iPod for playback/menu navigation/shuffle you need the Apple adapter.
--Analog audio with a breakout splitter built-in (several 3rd parties make them)
--Apple adapter which supports analog/digital audio and video output as it contains a decoder chip with pass-thru on dock-controlled/enabled devices(cars, high-end audio systems, memory card readers, GPS, etc). If you own any video/photo output Apple Dock(4th/5th Gen) you'll need this expensive adapter.
Keep in mind there is two versions of the Apple adapter, the square-ish design which isn't case friendly and the 3" cable attached version which is case friendly.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
»store.apple.com/us/produ ··· dfde9247

This adapter will work with any case, since the 30 pin connector is attached by cable.

Downside its f!@#$% expensive, but it's guaranteed to work.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

I bought that one for my wife's car because the others had case issues. Should have sucked it up and bought it first.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-22
Atlanta
Apple AirPort Express (2012)
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)
ARRIS SB6183

acadiel to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

»store.apple.com/us/produ ··· dfde9247

This adapter will work with any case, since the 30 pin connector is attached by cable.

Downside its f!@#$% expensive, but it's guaranteed to work.

+1 on that one too. It works. A lot of the knock offs don't.