Search similar:

uniqs

Abyss1992
Premium Member
join:2012-08-18
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992

Premium Member

[Rant] Suddenlink jus screwed the pooch.

Not only did they lie to me a year ago telling me I would never have a data cap the implemented one right under my nose without my consent. This a a shady thing to do and is the scummiest thing I can think of If you where going to implement a data cap why give me free reign for a year? If I knew it was going to be like this I would go back to satellite internet because at least they tell you they have caps. You can me Suddenlink we are going to have a battle and I will come out on top no matter how many years it takes. We need to throw out your CEO's who only worry about their profit margins and put people in who are for the people. The FCC needs to hurry up and classify ISP's a basic utilities already I'm tired of every time I get a good internet service I get f**ked in the a*s be some bull****. If any techs or reps for Suddenlink read this I want you to forward this to your higher ups and show them the error of their greedy monopolizing ways. In fact I welcome everyone with he service to call in and complain tell them what we think maybe someone could give them a nice Dallas welcome if you get my drift. This data cap s**t needs to stop and it needs to stop right now.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

And leading with the best possible example of how to get a multi-million dollar company to listen to one user,,,,,,,,,

You're kinda late to the party and should probably chill the hell out. Also, the FCC title II classifications won't effect caps being used so I have no clue what you're going on there about.

And you did give consent for the cap to be in place. Read the ToS and you'll see that your continued use of their service is agreement with their terms in whole.
areacode304
join:2006-08-26
WV

areacode304 to Abyss1992

to Abyss1992
They've enabled the cap in my area as well. I'm furious. They can charge overage fees, but under no circumstances will I pay. They will receive my normal monthly payment and not one cent more. My account will maintain an outstanding balance equal to their senseless fees. Should they disconnect my service or turn me in to a debt collection agency, fine. They get over $2,000/year from me for services I consider sub-par. That should be more than enough to sate their greed.

Abyss1992
Premium Member
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992 to moldypickle

Premium Member

to moldypickle
I will not chill out this is some bulls*it and you know it. I thought this company was different but it appears they aren't they're all greedy corporate snakes in the grass. And I'm going to do the same thing as Areacode304 is going to do I'll take it to court if I have to. This should not be allowed to stand I quote a Suddenlink Exec a few years ago saying "Bandwidth is like water".

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

1 recommendation

moldypickle

Premium Member

I suppose that's your choice. Keep us posted on how the court goes please.

Abyss1992
Premium Member
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992

Premium Member

I have zero tolerance for companies that screw people over just because they want to line their pockets with more money. I was ok with this company until this point. I also plan to call everyday and complain and send that complaint to corporate.
Abyss1992

Abyss1992

Premium Member

»www.reddit.com/r/Suddenl ··· y_in_my/

I'm not the only one who feels that way.
Abyss1992

Abyss1992

Premium Member

Just filed a BBB complaint.

redxii
Mod
join:2001-02-26
Michigan
Asus RT-AC3100
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2

redxii to Abyss1992

Mod

to Abyss1992
said by Abyss1992:

Not only did they lie to me a year ago telling me I would never have a data cap the implemented one right under my nose without my consent.

Well, you knew better than to believe that..

Welcome to EveryISP.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

1 recommendation

atuarre to Abyss1992

Premium Member

to Abyss1992
They don't need your consent to implement caps.

Abyss1992
Premium Member
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992

Premium Member

When they told me there would be no caps that was a verbal agreement or contract if you will they broke that agreement. As I said if I wanted caps I would go back to satellite atleast then I know I'm getting f**ed.
Abyss1992

Abyss1992

Premium Member

I used 500gb already they said but my DDWRT router says otherwise.

journeysquid
join:2014-08-01

journeysquid

n/a

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC

Chubbzie to Abyss1992

to Abyss1992
If I might make a suggestion, if you are indeed serious about pursuing this route go ahead and get some lawyers together, get the case fleshed out & find out what recourse can be taken on your behalf (or perhaps a class action).

Abyss1992
Premium Member
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992

Premium Member

Just found this: »petitions.moveon.org/sig ··· 12433449

Bovan
@grandenetworks.net

1 recommendation

Bovan

Anon

Has someone from Suddenlink contacted you saying you are going to be cut off for abuse or violation of the TOS?

Have you received a bill for overages?

I am trying to understand what caused your freak out, that something bad might happen?

Abyss1992
Premium Member
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992

Premium Member

What caused my to freak out was being lied to and then being limited which I hate beyond belief.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to Bovan

Premium Member

to Bovan
What caused his freak out was realizing he lives in corporate America, lol
Jowmu
join:2009-05-04
Lubbock, TX

Jowmu to Abyss1992

to Abyss1992
perhaps you should start your own ISP.

Abyss1992
Premium Member
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992

Premium Member

You know I would but they would sue me just like Comcast did to Chattanooga.
»Chattanooga Gets to See What Broadband Competition Looks Like [68] comments
Abyss1992

Abyss1992

Premium Member

I wonder what ISPs are going to do when 4K becomes the standard for streaming video. Also with these new consoles game downloads are 30-60GB in size EVE online is 100GB+ itself.
lcornejo
join:2014-03-20
Turris Omnia
ARRIS NVG589

lcornejo

Interesting how all this can be solved by the free market. I say let's build a nation wide backbone, a la interstate highway system. Then anybody can provide service on it. That should lower the barrier of entry for start up ISPs. Do you guys remember when the last mile of the telephone loop was under title II? Yea I had the choice of dozens of isps.

That's is what we need, absent that, you have to regulate the monopolies or even better break them apart, look what happen when Standard oil and ma bell got broken up. We got the best price for petroleum products in the world and narrow band internet
Arikmoon
join:2015-02-17

Arikmoon to Abyss1992

to Abyss1992
I was also recently "capped," by Suddenlink in December. Right before my third "overage" month kicked in I switched providers.

My speeds are slightly slower but and its a bit more expensive, but I'm unlimited again and love it.

I was with Suddenlink for 8 years and have paid them $10,000+ for service.

Their caps are so draconian. 250GB? Really? And then $10 for 50GB?

I feel bad for those people who have no other options in their area.

On my floor at work 3 of us who sit within shouting distance have all switched.

Make the switch if you can!

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre to lcornejo

Premium Member

to lcornejo
This will never ever happen in this country. Might as well give up on that idea.

Abyss1992
Premium Member
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992 to Arikmoon

Premium Member

to Arikmoon
The only "competition" here is Frontier Communications so switching isn't an option.
Arikmoon
join:2015-02-17

Arikmoon

It works quite well

Abyss1992
Premium Member
Spencer, WV

Abyss1992

Premium Member

I have a grudge against Frontier as well for not extending it's DSL to my area when I lived in the country.
areacode304
join:2006-08-26
WV

areacode304 to Arikmoon

to Arikmoon
said by Arikmoon:

I feel bad for those people who have no other options in their area.

The vast majority of Suddenlink customers have no other options outside of DSL and satellite, though neither serve as proper alternatives. That's not a coincidence; Suddenlink's modus operandi is to maintain a monopoly on broadband internet in smaller markets, since those customers have two options: bend over and take what they give you or learn to deal with DSL or dial-up.

In short, their success as a business is predicated entirely on screwing their customers out of as much cash as possible while providing services that rarely meet expectations or live up to the claims made in their commercials.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

Blanket statement for most isps if I've ever heard one.
lcornejo
join:2014-03-20
Turris Omnia
ARRIS NVG589

lcornejo to atuarre

to atuarre
Well it has happened. The interstate highway system happened, all you have to do is to sell it in the name of national security like Eisenhower did. Maybe with all this cyber attack, we can sell it as national defense. The rest will follow.

It can happen quick, apparently there is a shit ton of dark fiber
Crisscrossing the US