Slagish
Premium Member
join:2010-09-07
Joliet, IL

Slagish to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer

Re: [Business] Switching from residential to business class questions

We had a similar issue with our xboxs. With each one with a static IP allowed all three to have open NAT and also no lag or delay between matches etc that you would experience with strict or moderate NAT. That was a headache to play together online using the same IP address. Most often unable to find matches with the NAT issues.

And I too believe that's how the OP set up their systems, each having its own static IPs.
cubdenno
join:2011-04-09

cubdenno to iNick

to iNick
said by iNick:

said by cubdenno:

heck... There probably is. They are behind the Cisco 3939... But honestly I have no idea. I manage all 4 live accounts. But honestly, I guess I am just not concerned about the console being hacked. If it gets done... well, I really have zero idea's toward if that were to happen. I just don't know the what would happen.

Thanks for the possible ulcer causing question...

When you play CoD:AW Does your Wife and you both get an NAT Type: Open? I'm on Residential side with Extreme 105 using an EMTA Modem TM822G and ASUS RT-AC86U Router. I get an OPEN Nat on my PS3/PS4 but if I wanna play on my XB1 or 360 for CoD I have to restart my router to get it open on those console's.

I guess some history should help. I went from an older D-Link router that just would not let multiple Xbox consoles (360) have open NAT. We suffered through moderate.
I bought the ASUS RTU-N65 and that cleared up everything! EXCEPT, my DirecTV PPV would not transmit history and would over time not allow PPV to occur. I would have to run a telco cable and let it transmit that info. I am going to claim user set up error in that. I did/do love that router.

I bought the R7000 on a whim and AMEX points and it cleared up the directv issue. All consoles had open NAT and the 50/10 service with some QOS settings helped when the kids were streaming netflix while we gamed or the wife would be teaching and video conferencing. The XBOX Ones as well as the 360's all showed open NAT.

What made everything a wreck is when my wife and I would party up or wife son and I. In the same gaming lobby playing in the same match. It had always been a struggle but with AW, the game (already my least favorite COD) was simply unplayable if you wanted to have fun. I even swapped routers in that time frame. We had Frontier DSL as a back up for the wife and if I or her used that, and the other used the Comcast HSI it was much better. Except the person on the DSL suffered but that is explainable for another time.

Now, with the current set up and the two Xbox consoles having their own static address, it has eliminated I would say 90% of the issues. Open NAT on all three of the XBOX Ones.

The game itself still has a very turdlike quality... But one can enjoy it without a host of play issues.

Hope that helped explain the history of what we went through and the set up.

And to answer another question, no we don't stream anything from PC's. So for us, it's a non issue.