spc
Search similar:

uniqs
x86brandon
join:2014-11-30

x86brandon

The sadness continues...

This is getting silly. I think at this point I have two choices:

1) Move to a Comcast or Condo Internet building.
2) Keep running up my Verizon bill to $400+ and complain and laugh at myself.

bmccoy
join:2013-03-18
Port Orchard, WA

bmccoy

No problems here, my speeds were really low for a while but I messed around with some settings on my router and I'm now getting my full 55/5Mbps speeds again.

Are you connected directly to your modem via gigabit ethernet, what is your modem's model number, and what are your signal levels?

flwpwr
@wavecable.com

flwpwr

Anon

Likewise mine were low I messed with no setting son my router and they are back to normal.

101/12 tested to condointernet server via speedtest.net while my wife and son are gaming [and who knows what else the boy is doing] at 6:19 on 2/16/15.

Probably need some wire work on your side if its been going on for a long time, I consider having the house rewired if you own it.

However, usually when upload ios faster than download its a problem with your router in my experience, while I do not work for wave, I do work for comcast and see this almost daily, plus into modem show sub its not us, leave with a $60 charge for the call pretty much. If its their router, try swapping it out at the wave store. If its yours sometimes, and its not often, resetting it to default settings will undo whatever accidental changes someone made and fix it, the other thing is to look at the connections on it, and kick them off by changing the password removing the other Ethernet cords and see what that does.

also can you
ping 192.168.100.1 -n 150

and see what the results are, looking for lost packets is all.
x86brandon

x86brandon to bmccoy

to bmccoy
said by bmccoy:

No problems here, my speeds were really low for a while but I messed around with some settings on my router and I'm now getting my full 55/5Mbps speeds again.

Are you connected directly to your modem via gigabit ethernet, what is your modem's model number, and what are your signal levels?

It only starts to get bad around 3-4pm it drops in half or more, by 7pm it's utterly useless until about 1-2 am. I've had conversations with several neighbors and they all share the same complaints.

Wave has been out before, signal levels are as decent as they will get.

Right now at 6:30, I get 45 meg or so. 2-3 hours ago I got 100 meg.

I'm connected via a pretty beefy router, which I know to not be an issue at all. When I was in a Condo Internet building, I would regularly get 850-900+. Modem is a non issue, the tech that came out brought an 820 Arris with him that was provisioned on his account and it made zero difference having 8 channels vs 4. He also said it didn't matter because there's less than 2,000 people total on Bellevue's CMTS. The CMTS was misconfigured and they changed it as well, before this I didn't have more than 1 channel upstream.

I know your speeds are fine, but you're there and I'm here. I'm in a building with a few hundred cranky residents. I was told by our property management company that they are fighting with Wave at this point because this property is heavily used by Microsoft for corporate apartments. She told me that I should sign up for DSL or wait until they kick Wave out in a few months. Makes me sad.
x86brandon

x86brandon to bmccoy

to bmccoy
Also, I bought an Arris/SB modem that died after 2 weeks. I bought a Netgear which wouldn't even provision on Wave at all.
x86brandon

x86brandon to flwpwr

to flwpwr

Joseph
@wavecable.com

Joseph

Anon

IT IS NOT your equipment like the idiots kept telling me on here, I WENT bought 8 channel modem and that did not fix anything! ITS WAVE BULLSHIT broadband!

I am starting to think its employees are using and abusing the fiber ends of the backbone connection. HOW CAN a supposedly "NON over provisioned broadband company" always not have enough speed same time of day and night for last 3 months and cannot provide its top tier residential and business customers with the speeds they pay for 24/7?

I HAVE 110/10MBPS in Port Angeles, WA tonight since 6ish pm connection goes down to dsl speeds!

See my thread I started! Was getting before 6pm 108/10MBPS after 6pm its like a switch is flipped on every day for last 4 weeks and the connection is slower than DSL literally!

Wave is full of bullsh** excuses. Yet they have the decency to threaten me and tell me to pay my bill for internet that does not work. FILE a COMPLAINT with the BBB and FCC! They cannot monopolize us just because they are the only ISP in town and someone somewhere is abusing their network somehow to drag it to a halt from 6pm up until 11pm every night, every day for last four weeks. I have screenshots of speedtests from every possible server, ping plots, trace routes, before during and after congestion kicks in. I have an awesome case against WAVE! Have yet to file it with the appropriate people!

Good luck and keep a record then fight them and go after them! Since new hands are supposedly taking them over, why in the hell are they not auditing the company and going after these problems is beyond me!

It was funny in all my threads on here last two months, I was told I was the only one experiencing this and WAVE is so great and my equipment is the problem. Then I prove those idiots wrong and well as you showed, there are more customers than just me experiencing the same crap!
x86brandon

x86brandon

At 1pm, when no one home.

I talked to a friend who works for Charters Cable Labs and he ventured to guess that the CMTS is just oversubscribed since Wave is only in a few areas on the Eastside, they backhaul longer distances.

flwpwr
@wavecable.com

flwpwr

Anon

I believe what your friend meant to say is the node is oversubscribe, since if the cmts was oversubscribed the entire area it serves would be having the same issue.

Node overselling is possible, but generally its in certain conditions, such as areas with multiple apartments in a concentrated area or really poor plant design specs. Either are possible, but the concern comes down to is it probable. I have worked for Comcast in kitsap county for 8 years now. Twice we have had to split a node which means add an additional fiber to split the bandwidth across the two. In our case they just had to be lit up as they were already there just not in use. One was in silverdale off ridgetop [at the time the only node we had in silverdale now we have one for the businesses down by the hospital, but it was just the apartments off ridgetop originally, and they built a new apartment complex housing probably close to 200 units maybe more. We were constantly having low speeds at the apartments so they split the node. The other time was preemptive before there were complaints, nearly the same time we doubled speeds and 3 neighborhoods that had been put on hold during housing bubble crash started selling fairly consistently and having new installs done.

Wave does not charge for TC's to Triple play installs, at least that is what they told me when we had too much signal originally from the installer and were having tiling on thier dvr, I knew it was hot but I let them fix it with my wife, as I work enough already, and I had reinstalled new outlets when I bought the house 7 months ago so I knew it was not our side. They fixed it in 1 visit just fine.

If you have a triple play and your service is not good and they don't charge, keep em busy coming out to fix it until they find the actual problem and fix it, is the best advice.

That said, the error logs at the same page you got the signal levels at, whats it look like?