Search similar:

uniqs

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to djlar

to djlar

Re: BRF LFR

I think I was looking for adds named "switch regulators", no wonder I couldn't find them XD

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

When the furnace blows up and the big dudes all come running at us... that's when I wish my paly had my priest's fade... we did the fight twice and I had to kite 2 of those adds to the tanks both times. /sigh.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

hand of salvation doesn't work like that anymore? it's been a while since I've touched my pally, how about bubble shield?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Yes, bubble shield works to protect me, but does nothing for my aggro. mobs be bangin' on my bubble

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to puppy

to puppy
Did it last night. My main complaint is that boss #1 isl isted everywhere, including the raid journal, as Gruul, yet when we cleared to Gruul the barrier was up until we killed the Ore one. Wasn't a big issue, just a bit of an annoyance.

The Ore boss was a bit cramped, but even if you totally messed up P2 it wasn't hard. Gruul almost wiped us as no one stacked for the slice and lots of people went down, in threes, throughout. Blast Furnace gave us one wipe as no one had a clue and when P2 started we got swamped with adds which were not tanked. We got it on the second attempt and it was much smoother.

Gear is only 650 which is nice, as even normal HM rewards better gear. The issue is getting a PUG if you're only 645 ilevel, but then I guess you can just LFR still. I'm still meh with raiding this tier.
djlar

djlar

Yeah on Gruul if everybody stacks no one should die and the petrification thing it does tickle damage. Oregorger only kills you if he smashes into the wall you standing and not topped off on HP.

Oh some people doesn't know on Oregorger that there's no LOS you can DPS him as long as you are in range.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by djlar:

Oh some people doesn't know on Oregorger that there's no LOS you can DPS him as long as you are in range

for dps, yes. However, LoS is still an issue for healing.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

Also it appears that the acid spray he does is blocked by the hills as well.

I'd say Gruul is a bit more than Butcher 2.0. On Butcher, I see people standing all over the place - the DoT never stacks high enough to insta-kill people. On Gruul, if people aren't stacked, people are gonna die.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Second wing of BRF LRF opens tomorrow, along with 6.1.

I need like 10? of those orange rocks, I hope I can get them in HM LFRs before I jump into BRF!
djlar

djlar

I'm up to 200 elementium runes, just 700 to go.. that's killing 2 more bosses other than the LFR.. so 5 bosses I did this week, it was like 80 stones, no missions popped up

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to puppy

to puppy
Who shrunk Gruul?
djlar

djlar

I think that's baby Gruul... he's grown since then

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Today the 2nd LFR wing opens, go get your free loots!

For casual players like me, I found a simple guide for the first wing:

»blizzardwatch.com/2015/0 ··· agworks/

Here is the copy pasta text:

====================================

The first wing of Blackrock Foundry LFR, The Slagworks, opens up today. It consists of 3 bosses: Gruul,Oregorger, and Blast Furnace. Our bosses in 5 seconds series focuses on the core points you need to know going into these fights. Keep in mind that you'll need a minimum item level of 635 to queue for Blackrock Foundry LFR.

Gruul

All DPS and healers should stack up in a single group (splitting up into 2 groups is not necessary for LFR).

Tanks need to face Gruul towards the raid when he casts Inferno Slice (he does this whenever his energy bar reaches 100). Inferno Slice's damage is split which is why you want to face the raid. Swap tanks after 3 Inferno Slices.

Players who get Petrify should quickly move 8 yards away from the raid and regroup afterShatter.

Move away from Cave In and Overhead Smash.

Every 2 minutes, Gruul will enter the Destructive Rampage phase. He will do nothing but chain cast Overhead Smash during this phase. Side step to avoid the smashes.

Regroup after Destructive Rampage and repeat.

Oregorger

Have ranged and heals stack together, and make sure tanks are the the only ones in between the boss and the ranged group.

Tanks: Whoever is not currently tanking should ensure they are the closest player between Oregorger and the ranged group so that they are the first to be hit by Acid Torrent. Swap tanks after every Acid Torrent.

Melee: Move away from Explosive Shard or you'll be stunned. Interrupt Blackrock Barrage.

Ranged/Healers: Move away from Retched Blackrock puddles as a group, and try to stack the puddles close together.
Once Oregorger uses up all of his energy, he will enter the Rolling Fury phase.

Rolling Fury: Destroy Ore Crates around the room and avoid Oregorger's path as he rolls around. When he crashes into a wall, he will always move left or right (never backwards). If you are hit when he is rolling, you will take heavy damage and be stunned.

Once Oregorger eats 10 piles of ore from destroyed crates, he will return to phase 1 and the fight repeats.

Blast Furnace

Phase 1: Kill all the adds! Prioritize Foreman Feldspar and cleave onto everything else. Lots of bad stuff on the ground, just avoid it. Healers, be prepared for raid-wide damage fromBlast. Tanks may need to use cooldowns if Melt Armor stacks start dealing too much damage. Move enemies out of Defense zones.

Phase 1 continued: Both Heat Regulators must be destroyed with bombs. There is one regulator on each side of the furnace itself. Random players will have Bomb cast on them and need to run into melee range of one of the Heat Regulators before the bomb explodes. The bomb will explode after 15 seconds or can be detonated sooner by using the extra action button. Each regulator will require several bombs to kill.

Phase 2: Once both regulators are destroyed, phase 2 begins. Clean up remaining adds from phase 1 and kill the Primal Elementalists who are holding the Heart of the Mountain captive.

Phase 3: Once the Primal Elementalists are killed, the Heart of the Mountain will become active. Finish off any remaining adds and then burn the boss. Stay out of Melt when it spawns beneath you and use any DPS cooldowns. Tanks should swap after 3 stacks of Heat.

Collect your loot (gold)
djlar

djlar

That's the first wing strats, where's the second wing strats?

I've done normal Hans, Beastmaster and operator, are those one of the next bosses?

For the count that will be 9 bosses down on LFR, there's a 2 week hiatus for 3rd wing, so no missions for normal for a while. Say 9 this week, 15 next week then finally on 2 weeks we'll have over 21 kills for the required mission on normal, I think I'm gonna get 21 normal kills before that.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I will love to see people fail at trains.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

I haven't see a post for 2nd wing yet. If someone finds them, post it here

Puppy who ran up to the nearest mob to detonate the bomb when he did the last LFR furance...

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
They will hopefully hit like paper. Because otherwise I see that becomming very frustrating for pugs.
djlar

djlar

Yeah maybe it does like 100K dmg instead of 300K

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
It will probrably be closer to 50k. I imagine LFR pugs will be flying around. Like Mythic has a different sequence, they may change the train schedule for a lot less trains.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Man Kromog is no joke on LFR.
djlar

djlar

I had Arch here joining me in Kromog (what are the odds a dsl runs the same random group?) but he was lucky enough to get the 10% buff after 2 wipes, all groups I've joined have wiped at least twice.

Then on third attempt I got kicked for having aspect on because I DC'd a few seconds, I had to re-run the whole LFR and wipe again 2 times in order to get him down...

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius to puppy

to puppy
Question about Kromog. Has there been a hotfix to stop people from using certain abilities to save them from the fall?

Last week when I ran him on normal I was able use skull bash to save me from the fall when I failed at musical chairs. When running it in LFR I had my hand stolen by someone else and was unable to use skull bash to Kromog.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Everything is a joke on LFR man. Why are people wiping?
said by Jobbie:

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

Why are people wiping?

clearly a rhetorical device of self-aggrandizement, but I'll bite.

1- Primary reason for deaths is people go in not knowing that they need to get gripped to avoid insta-gibb
2- once you tell them, they release themselves too early, and everyone else, because the hp of the hands in LFR is drastically lower than in Normal
2b- hunters, Shads, and Boomies trolling the LFR by prematurely killing everyone's hand
3- they don't ever watch the boss, so they don't realize how avoidable the arm smash is
4- I do see folks dying to the 2 hands that smash into each other...
5- healers aren't being mobile... tanks not being marked... tanks getting out of range of healers who don't move.

edit: our LFR also had a warrior tank who didn't know how to time his CDs... for our second wipe, he got battle-rezzed 3 times before the other tank died. There were also only 2 healers on the healing meter, myself and a druid. It was ugly.

These are just what I saw in last nights 3 attempts in LFR.
djlar

djlar

On my rogue I don't even have to do the mechanics, the fall doesn't kill me, I can shadowstep to get back down quick, while I'm cloaking to avoid the damage. Hands won't spawn on melee so no worries only thing is the smash, just sidestep and voila.

Had one wipe because the 2 tanks died so it's perma-breath.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
I think LFR is just 5 people who are given 15 trolls and try to live to the end.

I put out 40k HPS on Kromag in LFR. That is unacceptable. If everyone was healing, the best I should be doing is 20k.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius to Immer

to Immer
I went in Kromog as DPS and ended up having to tank it due to fail tanks. We had two wipes due to raid becoming popcorn when hands were dissolved to early.

I am guessing my skull bash was just to slow since I was running with really high latency last night.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Everything is a joke on LFR man. Why are people wiping?

said by Jobbie:

People releasing too early from hands
People not helping other release from hands
People not getting on runes
People standing on bad rune
Ranged spreading the fuck out so heals are hard
Raid eating shinny balls for breakfast supper and dinner.
People jumping from the edge to get a free ride.

Anything else you can think off.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to puppy

to puppy
Tried to do Wing 1 last night as a healer. 10 min queue. At 8 mins it jumped up to 29 minutes. I logged off.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Oh so failing every mechanic there is?

Do they at least move out of the way of ripling smash? I can see the hands being a problem since they require specific timing.