Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy

Re: BRF LFR

For train boss get the addon "Thogar assist" it will put a nice display on your screen to show which trains are coming where.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to puppy

to puppy
Yeah, again Maidens, they have the same HP, 85M each, on LFR, did it on normal with half the people and they had 45M each, and lasted 8mins...

Last night the ilevel increase helped a bit, we wiped once because nobody got into the last boat and bombs with turrets up = wipe, and everybody was DPS a different boss, so we had them 3 up at 10% when they go and do all their nasty things.

There was a mass res and a distracted guy pulled them again, the fight lasted about 1 min before wipe but it counted towards the determination buff, so no big loss and gain 5% buff

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Lol y'all do realize that DBM also has a display that tells you where trains are and what's on them?

Its far better than TA cause it takes so much less screen area. Not sure why no one uses it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Well DBM yells at you when you are on a bad lane. But the addon shows you what is next.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 recommendation

Immer

Premium Member

There are 2 issues regarding that fight. One is surviving the train and the second is anticipating what challenges you will have to face when each train arrives.

If the goal is simply to survive the trains by avoiding getting hit... the best thing to do is keep an eye on the doors. Don't stand in front of an open door. There are also 3 torches above each door that indicate when the train will actually arrive... but if we are talking survival, just don't stand in front of an open door.

If you are a tank, you need to use the addon so that you can anticipate when the trains are going to bring all the adds. As dps (even you meter-humpers out there) it helps to know when the train bringing all of the adds is coming so you can delay your big CD a bit for meter-humping-madness.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

I have TA addon installed, but isnt it DBM that does the raid warning messages that tell you what track to be on and why?

I have seen messages like "Go to purple to pickup adds".

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Jobbie

to Jobbie
How does the addon know which train is coming next? Is it not random?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by puppy:

How does the addon know which train is coming next? Is it not random?

The trains come on a certain order and time, they are not random.
djlar

djlar

Yeah I think they are only random in Mythic..

Man my PUGs last night were worse than LFRs, couldn't down a single boss, lost a lot of time and gold, 4 different groups, couldn't even down Gruul, at least one I left w/o dying they wiped on the first set of trash while I was flying there. if they can't even control that it doesn't look good

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by djlar:

they wiped on the first set of trash while I was flying there. if they can't even control that it doesn't look good

without knowing what went down in that, not really a fair assessment of the group. That trash is all sorts of "gotcha".
Pryck
join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

Very true statement; I have been in pugs that have wiped on trash pulls in between bosses that were 1 shots...just depends on what goes wrong. Most times it can be recovered if everyone realizes and tries to maintain. Sometimes you can have folks bailing towards the entrance at the first sign of trouble which doesn't help lol.

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Once again, DBM does everything TA does. It tells you when a train will come (5-10 seconds ahead) and what track its on. If you're on the track the train will come on when the door opens, DBM will yell at you.

Also, it tells you which trains have adds and what they are.

It does the exact things that TA does, but in a smaller and more efficient manner. /dBm and make sure everything is properly set.
djlar

djlar to Pryck

to Pryck
I usually give the 3 strike rule, 3 wipes not even close to kill and I'm out, specially in "easy" bosses like Gruul, ore, franz or beast, wiping at 80% each time doesn't look good. Most of the time is because of carried people, they demand you be 660+ the tank gets one shotted you inspect and he's sporting several blues...
Pryck
join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

I definitely agree with that Djlar and I have also ran into those situations myself. Some of those fights it won't matter how much dps you can push or healing numbers if the tanks fall over or just flat out don't follow a mechanic and get 1 shot or kill half the raid doing so and they won't listen to suggestions to try and correct anything then i usually bounce out myself too.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche
said by Noiche:

Once again, DBM does everything TA does

No. It isn't always about what an addon does, but how that information gets presented. Not everyone process written warnings the same way. The advantage that TA provides for some that dbm cannot provide is a unique, visual warning indication system.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I use GTFO to pick up for things that DBM does not. Sometimes you need an audible alert to cover it. GTFO does exactly that.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Noiche:

Once again, DBM does everything TA does

No. It isn't always about what an addon does, but how that information gets presented. Not everyone process written warnings the same way. The advantage that TA provides for some that dbm cannot provide is a unique, visual warning indication system.

said by Exodus:

I use GTFO to pick up for things that DBM does not. Sometimes you need an audible alert to cover it. GTFO does exactly that.

This and this.

I need visual and audible warnings that is why I use both TA and GTFO.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

I've used that for years. It helps keep you from tunneling, and it helps when the visual graphic doesn't match up with the actual ground damage zone.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by qualitybobby:

said by Exodus:

GTFO is one of the best addons I use. An audio alert is much more in your face than a visual one.

I've used that for years. It helps keep you from tunneling, and it helps when the visual graphic doesn't match up with the actual ground damage zone.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Blackhands LFR is being released tomorrow. After watching the video guide, not sure how much of a frak fest this will be. If damage is low enough I guess you can just dps/heal through all the stuff.

I would imagine the main point of failure would be to kite the siege engine, and to have the marked DPS run behind the engine to get it killed.

Edit: I'm assuming all the abilities in the normal raid is present in LFR, just less damage... Maybe there's no siege engines released in LFR, then this can be just a tank and spank?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I think the main issue will be P3. Getting people blown up from the plattform or leaving bombs on top of the raid.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Yeah, I will be doing this as soon as I get home while there are actual raiders that want to do it. I can imagine in a few weeks this will be a fiasco.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Actually hopefully in a few weeks LFR might actually complete it once enough people at least see the fight.

Although I still haven't passed Kromeg yet. Haven't even tried since they nerfed the hands' damage, because I bail the raids before we even hit that. Seems like there are some really low DPS overall.

Although I guess I can't complain too much, my boomkin will be carried for a while... Hit a whopping 8k dps on the dummy last night, woot!

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

As a rule, I just can't do LFR. It puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day and makes me want to rage quit. I'm depending on actual raiders wanting to do it when it comes out for a little experience with the Blackhand fight without wiping their raid over and over learning it.
djlar

djlar

I do LFR on alts and on main to get that boss that I didn't get elemental runes from, it also helps on augment runes and if not another piece to shard and use for my own enchants.

Upon checking this Sunday night, the Maidens fight is still not nerfed, they still have 85M each, the turrets didn't went down as fast as expected, at least this I got raid lead and assigned 5 people to go to the boats which they did!

At least bombs don't do much damage, say 40K if you get hit, (I took one in the face too see) unlike normal where they usually kill you.

I bet this will be the same on Blackhand, no bomb or mechanic should one shot people.

I've only seen videos but haven't participated on normal... gonna do it tonight where most of the "good people" will do it.
djlar

djlar

Blackhand was a tank and spank fight, lasted so little time, like 4 mins tops, hardly any deaths on ph 1 and 2, saw some people fly off on phase 3, that was it. easy runes, another quest done, another augment rune and an achievement.

I think the mob guarding the door was more difficult, tank wasn't moving it from fire.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Exactly that. You really could pretty much ignore the mechanics and just blow him up.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Honestly this is happy news for me. LFR can be stressful. I don't mind if I wipe with guildies because I know they will keep going without complaint and learn. With LFR people rage quit after 1 or 2 wipes. I just want my stupid elementiums... I have like 302, getting them very slowly... :P

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
said by djlar:

Blackhand was a tank and spank fight, lasted so little time, like 4 mins tops, hardly any deaths on ph 1 and 2, saw some people fly off on phase 3, that was it. easy runes, another quest done, another augment rune and an achievement.

I think the mob guarding the door was more difficult, tank wasn't moving it from fire.

It was not the case for me on the 2 runs I did. I only saw people tying to die on purpose to bombs to get a free ride. I checked his loot table and he does not have anything remotely interesting so I just left.

No thanks.
djlar

djlar

Yeah, at least have his two hander drop on LFR, with nerfed stats i655, not very powerful but very xmog-able