All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

thatdood
join:2002-07-03
Plano, TX

thatdood

Better to lock in a contract with Frontier taking over?

I'm currently month to month after completing a two year agreement for FIOS Internet and TV. Currently have the 150/150 and Ultimate package. After reading about Frontier taking over the Texas areas and how they have downgraded speeds and raised prices in the past what's everyones opinion on locking into a multi-year agreement?

Does anyone know if Frontier would have to honor my agreement? I'm most concerned about losing my 150/150 Internet package especially at the current rates.
brutus
join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL

brutus

From everything I have read, you should lock it in. They will grandfather you in.

It sounds like nothing will change until 2016 at the earliest and even then it still needs to be approved. If your current price is the same as what they are offering to renew, you could always wait and see if a better offer comes around. At the same time you do risk the price going up.

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip to thatdood

to thatdood
thatdood, I've been wondering the same thing. My two year contract is up in October and I can go from Prime to Premium TV and keep internet essentially the same for the same price for two years. I just don't know how the Frontier take over would impact us and whether or not we would want to be locked into a contract for lesser service. It would appear that TWC would be my only other option here in Plano (aside from OTA television). I am currently using a single CC for my TiVoHD.