All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Chrome asks which Netflix profile twice.

I have a tiny, but annoying, problem. If I sign into Netflix with Chrome (Version 40.0.2214.111 m) I get the normal prompt to choose a profile, and if I choose my main profile, then the re-appears asking which Profile I want again. If I choose a secondary profile, it doesn't ask me again. Also, if I choose my main profile in Internet Explorer, then it also doesn't ask me again. I made sure Silverlight was updated (5.1.30514.0) and deleted temp/cookies, etc.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing it? I noticed MSIE uses Silverlight while Chrome uses HTML5. Could it be a issue with HTML5? Issue with my Netflix account? PC issue?
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

1 recommendation

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Chrome doesn't need to use silverlight, it uses html5. I don't have silverlight installed, and can watch netfilx on my computers, including linux where sliverlight isn't available.

I can't reproduce your issue in chrome.

Independent builds of chrome might not have the html5 drm components to play netflix in the browser. If you don't use it for anything else, get rid of silverlight.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to Hard Harry7

to Hard Harry7
I don't see this happening using chrome (win 8.1 64; no silverlight installed on machine)... but you can try disabling the silverlight inside chrome.

in the url bar goto:

chrome://plugins/

and try disabling the silverlight plugin and then close and reopen chrome and see it still double prompts... I am not sure that is the cause however....

If you are running script control of some sort you might be blocking a cookie or other logged-in tracking on netflix itself.... for netflix the sites I need to allow for everything to work properly are:
*.netflix.com ; *.nflxext.com ; *.nflximg.com

Hard Harry7
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

I don't see how Silverlight could be causing a problem if Silverlight isn't running in Chrome. I can tell by the loading animation and the lack of CTRL+Shift+left click function. If this was a issue with rendering, it would be a issue with HTML5 instead. Is there anyway to force Chrome to load Netflix in Silverlight?

Also, to be clear, this isn't any problem streaming or navigating the website. Its as simple as Chrome asks me which profile I want twice, while Internet Explorer does not. Judging from the lack of ability to replicate, it could just be something weird with my account. Something about the cookie and how Chrome works?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Hard Harry7

Premium Member

to Hard Harry7
I use FF and get the same thing. A minor annoyance, but nothing that has made me think twice about it.

Spriggy
@216.49.181.x

1 recommendation

Spriggy to Hard Harry7

Anon

to Hard Harry7
I have the same problem, you aren't crazy!

Hard Harry7
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Hey now, don't go that far. I am very crazy! XD