Search similar:

uniqs
spc111
join:2003-12-09
NJ

1 edit

spc111

Just got free HBO until end of May out of the blue

I have the triple play (preferred HD,15/15) package in NNJ and I just got an email with the subject "Complimentary HBO. Thanks for your loyalty", telling me I now have free HBO. I just checked and I have all the HBO channels. Is this something that happens to people regularly or is it unusual?

I just started with FiOS mid-last year, so it's not like I'm a long-time loyal customer or anything...
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

1 edit

Myzteziz

They've been doing this for quite sometime now so nothing new or unusual. Most people don't know that they can just call retention and get it for free as well.
spc111
NJ

spc111

Yea, searched and saw a few others asking about it. I could understand if I were closer to contract expiration, but I've still got another 16 months to go... I wonder what triggers it?

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to spc111

to spc111
Had it last year in Jersey, lasts 3 months and did not have to do anything to cancel it..... You get Game of Thrones for free, Congrats...
spc111
NJ

spc111

I have no real interest in that show but maybe I'll check it out. Will it's next season start and end completely during the time I have the free HBO?
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to spc111

to spc111
Due to finances I have had to shut HBO off last June

IT IS STILL ON!

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

Anyone can call and ask for retention and they right now have a promo running for free HBO for a year, but you have to ask.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to spc111

to spc111
The best show on HBO is Last Week Tonight with Jon Oliver. It airs Sundays at 11pm. Much better than the Daily Show or Colbert in my opinion.

I called retention back in January and got HBO free for 2 years.

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

You get Game of Thrones for free, Congrats...

GOT rules !!
floridafuzz
Premium Member
join:2008-02-23
Hope, RI

floridafuzz to Branch

Premium Member

to Branch
Got a question- can you get this promotion if you are already subscribed to HBO at 50% off?
Do you happen to have the number handy for retention?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by floridafuzz:

Got a question- can you get this promotion if you are already subscribed to HBO at 50% off?

If you already have it then no you can't get it. If you remove it then wait a day or 2 after removing it, you might be able to get it, but if they see you've already had a promotion there's also a chance they won't give it to you.
As far as the number goes the calling the normal 1800Verizon# then choosing the right option will connect you.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by Myzteziz:

said by floridafuzz:

If you already have it then no you can't get it. If you remove it then wait a day or 2 after removing it, you might be able to get it, but if they see you've already had a promotion there's also a chance they won't give it to you.
As far as the number goes the calling the normal 1800Verizon# then choosing the right option will connect you.

I don't believe "Retention" is an actual option. Usually you have to argue with customer service before they are willing to connect you to retention.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

Not true. I ask once and they transfer me. Depends on the rep you get I guess.
floridafuzz
Premium Member
join:2008-02-23
Hope, RI

floridafuzz to Myzteziz

Premium Member

to Myzteziz
Thank you
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

said by Myzteziz:

said by floridafuzz:

I don't believe "Retention" is an actual option. Usually you have to argue with customer service before they are willing to connect you to retention.

There is an option to cancel service. At least there was when I called. That will directly connect to retention.