spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

5 recommendations

ITALIAN926

:)

Great for them !! With the middle class shrinking in this country, more workers should be joining Unions.

(Enter Conservatives with BS opinions)

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

They will get dumped after the contract is up.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

3 recommendations

tired_runner to ITALIAN926

Premium Member

to ITALIAN926
Great. More lazy assholes with better benefits than their education merit.

Long live CWA!!

mushmouth
join:2001-12-13
Earth

3 recommendations

mushmouth

said by tired_runner:

Great. More lazy assholes with better benefits than their education merit.

Long live CWA!!

Don't be jealous, since when does education=benefits, and who's to say what education these people have?.
These techs put their asses on the line and made something happen.
It's a crappy job which makes the business lots of money, so It's really about time CV shares a few more of their precious crumbs.
I'm sure more employees will be looking to organize now they see that it can be done successfully.

Long live people having the balls to stand up for themselves!!.

ITALIAN926

6 recommendations

ITALIAN926 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Sounds like Jealousy. Since they have it so great, why dont you fill out an application, and work outdoors in the -10 degrees we've had this week?
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to tired_runner

to tired_runner
While I wouldn't call myself pro union, I sincerely believe they played a significant role in many of the benefits all workers enjoy today.

Regarding lazy assholes, there are lots of them regardless of educational status. Lots of government grants are given to highly educated folks (typically PhDs) that I might be tempted to call lazy assholes. They don't generate revenue and instead live off the government feed trough while working on a pet project that produces statistics that are probably only valuable to Alex Trebek.

»www.darwinsmoney.com/dum ··· pending/
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

sonicmerlin to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
said by ITALIAN926:

Great for them !! With the middle class shrinking in this country, more workers should be joining Unions.

(Enter Conservatives with BS opinions)

Yeah I'm happy to see they got significant pay raises. God knows how much the cable monopolies rip off their customers and pad their bottom line. At least the hard working employees should benefit in some way instead of all that money going to grossly overpaid CEOs and worthless shareholders.
sonicmerlin

sonicmerlin to rradina

to rradina
said by rradina:

While I wouldn't call myself pro union, I sincerely believe they played a significant role in many of the benefits all workers enjoy today.

Regarding lazy assholes, there are lots of them regardless of educational status. Lots of government grants are given to highly educated folks (typically PhDs) that I might be tempted to call lazy assholes. They don't generate revenue and instead live off the government feed trough while working on a pet project that produces statistics that are probably only valuable to Alex Trebek.

I think the evolution of dogs is actually kind of interesting. But really, all of that is chump change compared to the trillion+ Republicans wasted by lying about WMDs in Iraq.
mgamer20o0
join:2003-12-01
Norwalk, CA

mgamer20o0

said by sonicmerlin:

said by rradina:

I think the evolution of dogs is actually kind of interesting. But really, all of that is chump change compared to the trillion+ Republicans wasted by lying about WMDs in Iraq.

like the WMD the CIA bought in iraq?
»www.nytimes.com/2015/02/ ··· ons.html

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
Sniff, Sniff, Boo Hoo. I get so sick of hearing about how these poor souls have to get out in -10 degree weather to fix a phone line or power line etc. These guys make good money and they knew on the front end that the job is in the outdoors year round. They made the decision to go into that line of work so don't start whining when it gets cold.
rradina
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to sonicmerlin

to sonicmerlin
Bigger waste doesn't justify smaller waste.
Bigger lies don't justify smaller lies.
Decapitating someone doesn't justify dismemberment.

MOM: Little Johnny, Suzy told me you dented the new car playing baseball? Is that true?

JOHNNY: Yes.

MOM: You are grounded and the repair will come out of our allowance.

JOHNNY: But Mom, remember when Suzy wrecked the car! Waaaaaaaah!

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926 to battleop

to battleop
Yea, and they made the right decision to unionize to protect themselves from a scumbag CEO and management. EDUCATION ACCOMPLISHMENTS shouldnt be the end-all to pay/benefits determination.

ieolus
Support The Clecs
join:2001-06-19
Danbury, CT

ieolus to mgamer20o0

to mgamer20o0
Did you even read that article? Those chemical weapons dated to the 1980s... you know, the weapons WE sold Hussein.

caster
@198.41.85.x

caster to ITALIAN926

Anon

to ITALIAN926
so how to like paying for there gas and upkeep in there truck?

Or having to rent there truck?

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to rradina

Premium Member

to rradina
said by rradina:

Regarding lazy assholes, there are lots of them regardless of educational status.

I agree with you.

However, with the union, those lazy/drug taking/thug assholes cannot even be fired. Just look at the thugs from the auto workers that were fired and then the company was forced to reinstate them even though all the proper procedures were followed and the firings were justified. Unions of today are here for the union bosses to make money and keep their lavish lifestyles up and not really for the workers. It just so happens that 1% of good comes out of what they do.
ropeguru

ropeguru to ieolus

Premium Member

to ieolus
Whether or not we sold them he HAD them and became a dangerous person later in his rule (after WMD were supposedly sold to him by the US). All this "He lied, People died" is bullshit. Bush went on intel that was fed to him but all you crack headed lefties blame him. Now, Obama is doing the same thing and it is, "Well, he had bad intel" and is prised like a god. Funny how the left are such hypocrites!

»www.nytimes.com/interact ··· tml?_r=0

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to sonicmerlin

to sonicmerlin
The Democrats have had plenty of chances to stop the spending..

Flyonthewall
@teksavvy.com

Flyonthewall to battleop

Anon

to battleop
I think people should be paid for the work they do, isn't that the excuse most CEO's use?

Pirate515
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

Pirate515 to ropeguru

Premium Member

to ropeguru
said by ropeguru:

However, with the union, those lazy/drug taking/thug assholes cannot even be fired. Just look at the thugs from the auto workers that were fired and then the company was forced to reinstate them even though all the proper procedures were followed and the firings were justified. Unions of today are here for the union bosses to make money and keep their lavish lifestyles up and not really for the workers. It just so happens that 1% of good comes out of what they do.

Could not agree more. When unions were originally founded, there was a true necessity for them. Nowadays, they have become an evil of its own. Yes, there are places where unions are still needed, but even there I bet that the union bosses are reaping far much greater benefits from their collective bargaining agreements than worker bees.

Here's another example of union corruption. One of my buddies lives in a condo building. Their condo association recently caught their superintendent stealing. When they tried to force him out, him and the union want $20k for him to "leave quietly". As an alternative, their association can get a lawyer and sue the union; however, union lawyers will fight tooth and nail and can keep that lawsuit going for ages; at the end of the day the condo owners will end up spending a lot more in legal fees with no guarantee of success.

Had that been a non-union job, that super would be gone before he could blink.
rradina
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to ropeguru

to ropeguru
said by ropeguru:

However, with the union, those lazy/drug taking/thug assholes cannot even be fired

How is that different than PhDs at universities with tenure that are given government grants to play in a band and call it the study of improvisational music? Granted, some propeller hats break new ground and create technical innovation that impacts society in extremely positive ways but statistically, there's at least one turkey for every good program.

If federal and state budgets were balanced and all could meet their pension obligations, I probably wouldn't care if some guy plays in a band with one hand in the government feed trough. When we go in debt another ~$80 BILLION every month, everyone should contribute.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to ropeguru

to ropeguru
Those WMDs that we already knew about had nothing to do with the war or what Bush lied about.