spc
Search similar:

uniqs

blendthefrog
@63.73.199.x

blendthefrog

Anon

[X1-X2] X1 not all that great since it was installed

So, let me put it out there at it is still a 1000x better than the old dvr stb. But, I am having some annoying issues.

1. When I change channels the audio is out of sync or skips. It takes 5 minutes or so before it fixes itself.
2. When I record a show, the audio is out of sync or skips for the entire recording. The video also randomly pixelates in different places through out the entire recording.
3. If I pause a recording for an extended period of time and then resume it, it will start playing from the beginning.
4. If a pause live tv for an extended period of time and then resume it, it gets confused and then changes channels.

Anyone else seeing these issues? How can I get these fixed?

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

sounds like the hard drive is acting up.

blendthefrog
@comcast.net

blendthefrog

Anon

Is it something that can be fixed or does the box need to be replaced?

scjohnson
join:2010-07-21
Chicago, IL

scjohnson to blendthefrog

to blendthefrog
What are your signal levels?
JoeHemi
join:2011-05-06
united state

JoeHemi to blendthefrog

to blendthefrog
Swapping out the box will be your best bet. Did you just have the X1 installed recently?

blendthefrog
@63.73.199.x

blendthefrog

Anon

Yes...it was installed on 2/10.

@scjohnson - I went into settings to look at the signal strength but it kept telling me that it was unavailable and to try again later. Any idea what that means?

scjohnson
Chicago, IL
Motorola MB8600
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

scjohnson

said by blendthefrog :

Yes...it was installed on 2/10.

@scjohnson - I went into settings to look at the signal strength but it kept telling me that it was unavailable and to try again later. Any idea what that means?

Yeah, that feature doesnt work very well. Instead, you can access it through the diagnostics. Instructions are here: »forums.comcast.com/t5/X1 ··· 93#M8770

The issues you are having sound like signal-related issues to me. You'd be surprised at some of the weird stuff that happens.

blendthefrog
@walgreens.com

blendthefrog

Anon

Thanks for that. I'll look at the signal strength and check the coax cable/splitters before I spend any time with comcast 'technical' phone support.
blendthefrog

blendthefrog to scjohnson

Anon

to scjohnson
So..my signal strengths are:
Downstream received -4.1
Downstream SNR 38.4
Upstream Power 41.5

Those numbers look good. I actually only have 1 splitter. I have the main coax coming into the house which goes into the switch box and splits out to every room. Other than that there is no other splitter.

scjohnson
Chicago, IL

scjohnson

Do you happen to have an XG1v3 (PX013AN)? That model had some issues that have been corrected by an update that pushed out today.

blendthefrog
@comcast.net

blendthefrog

Anon

It is a PX013AN model. How can I force it to update?
blendthefrog

blendthefrog

Anon

The firmware version is: PX013AN_2.0s1_PROD_HYBse
Date: 2015-2-12, 0:8:42.0
Download Status: downloadingComplete

Is this the newest one?

scjohnson
Chicago, IL

scjohnson

You should see XRE Server version 1.49.09.