Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

2 recommendations

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Comcast support is the worst

Telling a customer "let me send a refresh signal" after waiting two hours on hold is just as bad as changing a customer's name to an insult.

Comcast customer service is an insult to its customers.

The reason I wish the franchising authority for our city required the customer service to be local is the nature of the cable business requires the CSRs to be trained for each individual system or cluster of systems. A cluster in the Boston/Western Mass area is not the same as a cluster in Baltimore in terms of provisioning, support, product offerings, etc. Comcast could start with better customer service by operating local customer call centers.
ham3843
join:2015-01-15
USA

ham3843

Yes indeed.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

DirecTV/Dish can get away with national one size fits all call centers as their product is one product but Comcast has many different products. X1 in Springfield MA is not X1 in Chicago. They have a gazillion different provisioning codes, hundreds of channel lineups, and this is a company that is worse to deal with than the big banks. This company should really have call centers located in each cluster and answer customer calls only in that cluster. I'm not saying have a call center for Springfield system in Springfield and Holyoke in Holyoke but since Holyoke and Springfield are the same cluster they could have a local call center serving both systems. This is an industry where they need local customer service.

L Supreme
Premium Member
join:2004-06-05
Lowell, MA

L Supreme to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
Just an fyi Comcast has a call center in enfield ct just miles away from Springfield and 3 others in Massachusetts supporting the New England area. Not sure how much local you are looking for.
OldCableGuy (banned)
join:2014-12-19

OldCableGuy (banned)

LOL

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to L Supreme

Premium Member

to L Supreme
Yeah but when you call 1800Comcast your call goes to South Texas or worse overseas. They should use local numbers that go specifically to the call center for the system that the customer is calling about. You only get the local call center if you're lucky.

It's like they put the call in queue and the first call center be California, Colorado or Enfield gets it. I'll take longer hold times for properly trained reps and better customer service.

I'm sure the Enfield call center is getting the calls for the California accounts.
ImpetusEra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-19

ImpetusEra to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
They suggest sending a refresh signal after you've been on hold for two hours because that is what their script tells them to say and they make $10 an hour doing it. The costs would be astronomical for them to have local call centers staffed by employees trained on and with access to all aspects of the system.
ham3843
join:2015-01-15
USA

1 edit

ham3843

said by ImpetusEra:

They suggest sending a refresh signal after you've been on hold for two hours because that is what their script tells them to say and they make $10 an hour doing it. The costs would be astronomical for them to have local call centers staffed by employees trained on and with access to all aspects of the system.

Yet the executives take home outrageous salaries and perks...
how this any less "astronomical" a cost to their business when customers go public and start leaving in droves?

It is VERY satisfying to know that these Ivory Tower types at Comcast and TWC
are NOT going to get their merger approval. I hope it costs the executives at both companies their jobs, and their nice little golden parachutes...Muhahaaa.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to ImpetusEra

Premium Member

to ImpetusEra
We pay enough for their services we should be getting better support. If I were an elected official in Springfield, MA I'd let the voters decide on a proposition 2 1/2 override to build municipal broadband.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

The reason I wish the franchising authority for our city required the customer service to be local is the nature of the cable business requires the CSRs to be trained for each individual system or cluster of systems.

As a former TSR, this is just silly. The vast majority of calls can easily be handled by anyone, anywhere.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

I remember back in the day when the cablecos had local customer service (might have been the provider) the CSRs had TVs in their cubicles to verify issues with channels to rule out issues with the customer's TV. If the channel was acting up they'd put in a headend ticket.

The company was the predecessor to I'mOn. Customer service is as low as you can go these days. That's why I've been biased towards Apple because they actually have customer service. Google doesn't believe in customer service. I've been playing with an Android phone lately on my second line but prefer Apple.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

In a city the size of Phoenix metro a TV sitting on a desk in a call center will have little correlation to what is happening in someone's home unless it is system wide. With the digital signals a CSR can access you box at home and see signal levels, error counts and much more states or countries away.