Let's Do the Zydeco
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Cajun Bayou

8 recommendations

Cajun Man

Premium Member

Boy has it been a long time!

It's been a long time since I've been on here. Lots of things have happened. Back in 2011, I passed out at work and ended up with a pacemaker.

Got into financial woes, which I was almost out of until a few days before Thanksgiving of 2014 when I ended up in the hospital with a blood sugar level of 580.

So now I am a diabetic, and now the financial problems I had before are coming back.

Not much I can do about it, but try to get myself out of it again. At least I started folding again after so long. But not sure how long I can continue it, depending on how long I can keep this system. Hopefully things will improve so I can continue running this.

Just need to get back on track and hope for the best. Doc said if my numbers stay good, I may get to drop the Lantis injection and go strictly the pill route. I can afford the Metformin easier than the Lantis flex pen.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

Welcome!

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

Icarus to Cajun Man

Mod

to Cajun Man
Sounds like youre headed in the right direction! Really good to see you again!

Cajun Man
Let's Do the Zydeco
Premium Member
Cajun Bayou

Cajun Man

Premium Member

Thanks. I'll try to visit more often, just been trying to get used to being a diabetic. I always suspected I might be one, but it took getting a 580 reading and a hospital stay to realize I was one.

How I didn't go into a diabetic coma, I'll never know.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to Cajun Man

to Cajun Man
Good to see you here again, but sorry to hear about the diabetes. I'm hoping you can keep your sugars under control with proper diet and Metformin.

My daughter can't tolerate any of the pills, so it is insulin for her. Low carb diet for life is key for her.

I think the worst part of it is that you must constantly monitor, can never just forget it.

Cajun Man
Let's Do the Zydeco
Premium Member
Cajun Bayou

2 recommendations

Cajun Man

Premium Member

Thanks. So far my range has been anywhere from 72 to 110 on average. I've had a few in low 50's, and had a few in the upper 140, but usually it sticks between 72 to 110.

I know, my fingers look like I stab myself alot. I won't know for a month or 2 if I can be done with the flexpen injections.

What is weird is when I got out of the hospital, I filled the prescription for the Lantus flexpen at CVS using my insurance card and my cost for 3 pens was $225. The Dr called the same prescription into Walmart, and using the same prescription card at Walmart, I got a box of 5 Lantus flexpens where my cpst was $75. Can't figure how I pay less for 5 pens at Walmart and more for 3 at CVS.

My cost for the Metformin is $8. So I am hoping for the pill only soon.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to Cajun Man

Premium Member

to Cajun Man
Wallmart is good for something. That is quite a difference.
Very glad you are up and learning how to handle the problems. Even happier to have you back with us again. Please stop by and post more often.

jopfef
Home of The Rat Patrol
MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO

jopfef to Cajun Man

MVM

to Cajun Man
Glad to see you back here! Sorry to hear about the diabetes, but controlling it certainly beats the alternative.