spc
Search similar:

uniqs

lawnmower333
@cigna.com

lawnmower333

Anon

[Plumbing] Shower mixing valve

I have an old delta mixing valve. It's very old and beat up but I would prefer to not sweat anything new on. I think its a Delta 1500. It looks exactly like this:

»deltamonitorshowerfaucet ··· ucet.jpg

Would this trim kit work?
»www.amazon.com/Delta-T13 ··· 040YT8XW

If not, anything else I can get...looking for anything brushed nickel or stainless.

Jack in VA
Premium Member
join:2014-07-07
North, VA

Jack in VA

Premium Member

Perhaps you could contact Delta and see if they can identify it and recommend the correct kit. I've found them to be very accommodating and helpful.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to lawnmower333

Premium Member

to lawnmower333
Lowes has an assortment of trim kits in-stock right at the store, if you want to get something quickly.

I was able to get one to fit the Moen in my master bath and another for the Delta for one of the other bathrooms. Both were trashed when I bought the place.
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee to lawnmower333

to lawnmower333
Delta provides a lifetime warranty. All you have to do it call them and explain the issue plus give them the model. They'll send you the replacement parts at no charge. You can get them to give you all the parts to make that look brand new again.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey

said by Critsmcgee:

Delta provides a lifetime warranty. All you have to do it call them and explain the issue plus give them the model. They'll send you the replacement parts at no charge. You can get them to give you all the parts to make that look brand new again.

Does it cover cosmetics? Every part I have gotten free from Delta has been to replace something that affected the function of the apparatus. The last time, in 2012, was a substantial part (RP33097) and they required me to e-mail them a .pdf of the purchase receipt from 2000.

lawnmower333
@170.48.19.x

lawnmower333

Anon

Thanks....I dont know if I will go the waranty route but I will contact delta for sure

jmdomini
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
Sycamore, IL

jmdomini to John97

Premium Member

to John97
said by John97:

Lowes has an assortment of trim kits in-stock right at the store, if you want to get something quickly.

Just beware of the Danco trim kits that they also carry as a cheaper generic alternative. Stay away, they are junk! I bought one for a Moen shower valve that was labeled as brushed nickle. Not so much, it was cheap plastic that just looked like brushed nickel. I installed it any way and the handle kept falling off, and it was allowing water to leak behind the trim plate.

Ended up ordering the real parts from a plumbing supply.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to lawnmower333

Premium Member

to lawnmower333
It looks like you have a Delta Monitor 15 series, but the trim kit you've linked to is for a 13/14 series. Your shower has a separate temperature control from the on/off valve. The kit you've linked to only has an on/off handle which is the way the 13/14 series works.

I don't see that many 15 series trim kits available, but you can get a cartridge for a 17 series and use those trim kits with your existing housing, at least according to some of the reviews I've read for 17 series trim kits. If you're messing with the trim kit you probably want to replace the cartridge while you're at it anyway.

You can call Delta and verify if any adapters are needed to change your cartridge out to a 17 series.

lawnmower333
@cigna.com

lawnmower333

Anon

Delta said that a 17 series will work, however not with the escutcheon plate. It looks like the screw holes will not line up. How bad of an idea would it be to silicon the escutcheon plate on ?
Quattrohead
Premium Member
join:2005-02-09

Quattrohead to lawnmower333

Premium Member

to lawnmower333
I have 2 of the exact same mixers
One is missing the plastic handle but I have not tried too hard to find a replacement.
As others have suggested, the new handle you linked to will not work.
LittleBill
join:2013-05-24

LittleBill to lawnmower333

to lawnmower333
i have that exact shower set, let me make it clear as i already went through all of this.

the warranty from delta only goes back to about 1995, they can tell this from the bolt position on the face plate, they changed after 95. you can change the handle, anything from the 1700 series monitor will work, including the valve, which ironically i changed this week on mine, and it works great.

the only way to change the face plate is to change the valving in the wall

lawnmower333
@leaseweb.com

lawnmower333

Anon

Just an update on this, I got it replaced without changing the rough in.

I ordered this kit because I already had the RP32104 cartridge.

»www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· F8&psc=1

Also needed the RP22734 Unplated Bonnet Nut.

The bolt position did not match up for only one of the bolts. However I did have plywood behind so I bought a long stainless steel wood screw, drilled a pilot hole with a long drill bit and screwed it in. It looks and works great

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Thanks for the update!