iRob
join:2014-08-19
Mckinney, TX
MikroTik RB3011 UiAS-RM
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
ARRIS SB6183

iRob

[Other] Client list disapears on ASUS RT-AC68R

Hi everyone, I just got my ASUS RT-AC68R from Amazon today and it's working great.
I've updated the firmware all the way to the most current one (3.0.0.4.378_3873)
However, I only have one problem. The clients/devices connected to the router show up for first 15-20 minutes of bootup of the router, but disappears after that, showing 0 clients after.

All devices still have connectivity and everything works fine (as of right now), but it's annoying me since I would like to know all devices connected and which are on and off.

Anyone got any suggestions? Should I rollback to an earlier firmware?
Feedback is appreciated.

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

1 recommendation

dcurrey

Premium Member

The only thing I can think of is trying Merlin firmware. »asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/

It has lots of features not found in stock asus firmware. Some of merlins codes make it into the official build.

The claim you can easily flash back to standard asus builds with no issues.

Its on my list of things to do in near future.

iRob
join:2014-08-19
Mckinney, TX
MikroTik RB3011 UiAS-RM
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
ARRIS SB6183

iRob

I'll install Merlin and see how it goes. I just got this router to put some QoS on my home network, since people in my house using Skype hogs up the upload, giving about 20/3 or so to the remainder of house, and also the WiFi is pretty superior.
I'll give Merlin a try, I just don't want to do to DD-WRT yet.
iRob

1 recommendation

iRob

I just updated to Merlin firmware, the latest stable one.
The clients no longer disappear, which is great. The stock firmware just wouldn't make it appear after factory resets and what not. Now my issue is trying to get QoS to work my way..

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to iRob

Premium Member

to iRob
Finally got around to doing my ac68 last night also. Seems a lot more bells and whistles than the stock asus firmware,

So far seems stable