spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

OnePlus One

Anyone else here have a OnePlus One? I got mine a week ago and this is an amazing device. »oneplus.net/one

Hydraglass
Premium Member
join:2002-05-08

Hydraglass

Premium Member

said by Mike2009:

Anyone else here have a OnePlus One? I got mine a week ago and this is an amazing device. »oneplus.net/one

I've been following them since they launched, through the whole "invitation phase" ramp up, etc. The timing isn't there for me to get one (I just got my Nexus 5 15 months ago) - but I'm watching with baited breath for their next iteration - the Oneplus Two - slated for somewhere around Q3 this year - that'll be perfect for me as my N5 will be about 2 years old, and I'll be ready to buy another handset. Even without buying phones on contract, I just can't see buying more than one every 2 years....

I'm still a huge fan of buying phones that come open and unlocked from the manufacturer with a "latest and greatest" OS - and I like the fact that if I want I can actually go from Cyanogenmod right back to the stock Google Android with the Oneplus, just like I have on my Nexus. The price of the Nexus 6 has made me decide I'm bailing from that product line. I'm fine with spending up to $400 including tax, shipping, etc. to get a handset that's "fully loaded", I'm not fine spending $700 or more.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

I too was a nexus fanboy for a while. I had the galaxy nexus, and always loved the line and the price point. When it came time to upgrade the nexus i ended up going with the galaxy s4 as it was the newest phone at the time. As of last fall i was looking for a new phone when my s4 had an unfortunate meeting with the pavement and i really wanted the Nexus 6. Everything about that phone met what i needed in a phone, but the $700 price point was ridiculous for the nexus line. The next phone i like in my research was the moto droid maxx but that of course was only available with verizon as i found out.

I stumbled upon the oneplusone as someone my girlfriend works with got one, just after i bought my lg g3 unfortunately but it seems like a great piece of hardware. It has the specifications to run with the big dogs and has a great price point.
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon to Mike2009

to Mike2009
I bought the one plus months ago. I really like the phone. Very snappy, clean interface cyanogen dis a great job with the os.

Sure there are bugs just like any other phone, but overall the experience is great.

I was using my note 3 as my daily driver, but now i use this one plus daily.

.. Oh before i forget.. The battery life is simply amazing.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
Got my OnePlus a few days after Christmas (showed up on the 23rd while I was out of town).

Love it. Absolutely love it.
LastDon

LastDon

said by resa1983:

Got my OnePlus a few days after Christmas (showed up on the 23rd while I was out of town).

It makes you wonder, how much we have been over paying for phones.

64gb, great built quality for 349US (even with the current exchange it is worth it)

I personally think the built quality on this phone is simply amazing, very durable
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by LastDon:

said by resa1983:

64gb, great built quality for 349US (even with the current exchange it is worth it)

I personally think the built quality on this phone is simply amazing, very durable

The back of the phone feels so funny too!

And surprisingly, I've gotten multiple people going "OH WOW! Is that the Oneplus?!" when out shopping at the mall. Its pretty cool seeing how people are hearing about it, and when seeing it in your hand, really want your opinion on it.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to Mike2009

to Mike2009
All the phones you guys have mentioned are mickey mouse phones compared to the LG "G" Flex smartphone.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to LastDon

to LastDon
said by LastDon:

said by resa1983:

Here's the thing about pricing.

When you are a new manufacturer of a product you have to force your way into the market somehow. When you do it on price, you can only sustain the thin (or non-existent) profit margins so long before you either have to raise prices to get a profit level that doesn't cannibalize sales yet gives you the return that you want, or cut back on the features / quality to keep the same price point that got you the market share in the first place.

OnePlus is competing on price due to the fact that they are new to the market, but mark my words, by the third generation of the product people will be out looking for a cheaper alternative as OnePlus will be at the "mature product stage" by then and looking to make bank on their name.

NefCanuck
LastDon

LastDon

Well OnePlus isn't new per say it is secretly owned by "Oppo", which is not small by any means, maybe on this side of the sea it is.

the new chinese manufactures like Xiaomi etc are attacking the big boys by offering devices with specs are great prices.

Even rumours with the new oneplus 2, will be priced in the same range, if they want to survive they won't pull an apple and change 1g for a phone.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to Hydraglass

to Hydraglass
Yeah, the Nexus 6 is priced way too high. In fact my wife just ordered a Nexus 5 to replace her Nexus 4 while it's still available. As far as the OnePlus One it's really fantastic, fast and has none of the unnecessary apps pre-installed like some other Android devices. Well worth the price and highly recommended.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
These phones sure look sexy.

I'm going to be looking into one of these in fairly short order.

EQ

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

You won't be disappointed.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
When I dropped my Nexus 4 and the glass shattered I figured time for a new phone. I found a "used" Nexus 5 on Kijii,. 300 bucks, works like a charm, was like new.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Thats how i ended up with my nexus when i broke my old BlackBerry
fmradio68
join:2013-07-05
Montreal, QC

fmradio68 to Mike2009

to Mike2009
The thing that concerns me about getting the ONE is if they send a lemon and how they would resolve this being a start up.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

I paid $400 US for the phone, case and delivery which is more than your used Nexus 5 but a lot less than buying a Note 4 or similar phone outright.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to fmradio68

Premium Member

to fmradio68
It's owned by OPPO. While it wasn't very popular over here until now, they are very far from being a start up.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to fmradio68

to fmradio68
said by fmradio68:

The thing that concerns me about getting the ONE is if they send a lemon and how they would resolve this being a start up.

That concerns me too. My phone was shipped quickly from Los Angeles but my emails with questions about shipping were answered in broken English.
fmradio68
join:2013-07-05
Montreal, QC

fmradio68 to ekster

to ekster
OK thanks. I would still be concerned. That's just me.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
where's the "this thing doesn't have expandable memory!" complaints???...interesting how that's always the first rant about iPhones.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by dirtyjeffer0:

where's the "this thing doesn't have expandable memory!" complaints???...interesting how that's always the first rant about iPhones.

People bitch about it just as much with the Nexus devices.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

i suppose...i pop in the Apple threads sometimes to see what's new and the iHaters come out in full force every time...not really sure why they care so much, but they do.

in any case, this device seems pretty decent and looks to be priced reasonably...should be a good option for those Android users out there.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

It's a decent phone, but if you already have a Nexus 5 there isn't much point in upgrading.
LastDon

LastDon to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
Difference is

349 outright with 64GB and battery life that goes all day and beyond

Vs 740$ for 16gb with battery life that isn't as strong.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I said Nexus 5, not Nexus 6. Keep up.

If you're buying new right now, the choice is pretty obvious.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009 to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
64 gigs is enough for me. My old phone was 16 but it did have a micro sd card slot.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

1 recommendation

El Quintron to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

It's the first thing I looked at when I was checking this phone out, but having USB OTG out of the box almost makes up for it.

EQ

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

This is funny.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· BkqKE6fw
WNGFAN 1
join:2003-11-02
Leamington, ON

WNGFAN 1 to Mike2009

to Mike2009
I don't get the deal with having to get an invite to buy this phone. When I click the buy now it tells me I need an invite and to log in.