All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mrloopy
join:2015-02-16

mrloopy

[X1-X2] Quick question about the new XR5 remote

I've been thinking about buying the new XR5 remote to replace my XR2 remotes just for the TV Input button. However, in my living room I have my cable wired up through my A/V receiver (and the XR2 remote controls the volume on it just fine). My question is whether the TV Input button can be configured to control the inputs on the receiver or only on the TV. I haven't been able to find any information about this on Comcast's website. Does anyone have any experience with this?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad

MVM

said by mrloopy:

I've been thinking about buying the new XR5 remote to replace my XR2 remotes just for the TV Input button. However, in my living room I have my cable wired up through my A/V receiver (and the XR2 remote controls the volume on it just fine). My question is whether the TV Input button can be configured to control the inputs on the receiver or only on the TV. I haven't been able to find any information about this on Comcast's website.

I don't have one, but unfortunately, I think the TV Input button is only for switching a TV set's input.

Here are some pages on Comcast's site about the XR5 remote:

Get to Know the XR2 and XR5 Remote
Updated on February 19, 2015 at 3:48 PM
»customer.comcast.com/hel ··· 5-remote

XFINITY Remote: Program Your X1 Remote for TV Control
Updated on February 03, 2015 at 2:03 PM
»customer.comcast.com/hel ··· rol-a-tv

XFINITY Remote: Program Your Remote to Control an Audio Device
Updated on January 21, 2015 at 4:19 PM
»customer.comcast.com/hel ··· o-device

Also, you can try going through the selections on this page and see what it shows under "XR5" -> "Audio/Other" for your make/model A/V receiver:

Program Your Comcast Remote Control
»customer.comcast.com/remotes/
cheeseman
join:2014-06-19
Palo Alto, CA

cheeseman to mrloopy

to mrloopy
The button only controls TV inputs, sadly.
mrloopy
join:2015-02-16

mrloopy

Thanks for the information guys. That's too bad, the new remote was so close to being perfect. Oh well, at least you guys saved me $20.