spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Unusable
join:2015-01-21
Knoxville, TN

Unusable

Sort Of Scammed By Charter.. Any1 else?

Okay so this has been a long issue please take the time and read this and help me with a solution.

Basically, i've been through 3modems.. i was having connectivity issues about 5weeks ago it started i had there motorola surfboard6121 and it was just timing out modem wasn't rebooting.. I called in talked to tech support and they said they think its a line problem that i should send a tech out (i said nah im going to try to buy a new modem because i dont want to send a tech out because they always are rude and stuff AND YES THEY WHERE).

So then i bought a new modem a surfboard 6141.. Now with this modem the modem was COMPLETELY rebooting itself.. So i finally gave up and called a tech to come look at the wiring.

Techs had 2 come out like 4times. The first 1 didnt charge me. The next day the problem with my 6141 kept happening it kept rebooting itself after so day 2 with the 6141 i called another tech out he did some stuff and said i was billed like 40$ because there wasn't a problem on there end. BUT HE COULDNT tell me what the problem was. Anyway after that.. He still didn't fix the problems after he did some stuff and billed me.. So they came back out another day this time a rude supervisor came and basically they just replaced my modem AND BILLED ME AGAIN.

So now the problem is i have like 100$ of extra charges on my monthly bill when in the end all they did was give me ANOTHER MODEM. Never could tell me what the problem was.. This doesnt seem right

So i called tech support but that guy was rude that came out the supervisor tech he made a call infront of me saying "i know there going to call in send all the documentation so that the call in center wont reverse our chargers" WHY DO YOU WANT TO BILL YOUR CUSTOMERS SO MUCH EXTRA..

And i called in and ofcourse my account is locked, Billing Support, Tech support, Customer support all tried adding credits to my account because they saw what all happened and saw the techs were wrong but MY LOCAL OFFICE locked my account so they couldnt give me credits and im stuck with a HUGE bill. And the techs did nothing. But my net is FINALLY fixed

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

why go IN PERSON to your local office and get the billing issues fixed?

Is this it?

707 W Main St, Sevierville, TN 37862
Unusable
Knoxville, TN

Unusable

because they where rude and they where the one that wanted me billed.. The supervisor techs and the techs the call in center is the place trying to help me.. but can't.
Unusable

Unusable to compuguybna

to compuguybna
Edit: I think its that 1 that 1 i think is the closest. But i don't wanna go the techs are rude and seem like they want to bill people.. And last time i went to a place even before this they where rude and argued with me idk why there always grumpy lmao
slapmonkay
join:2004-06-03
Ronan, MT

slapmonkay to Unusable

to Unusable
I would try other avenues first, such as going in and talking with your local representitive buts in the end if they still refuse you could file a better business complaint which should get some attention to your issue.
Unusable
Knoxville, TN

Unusable

That would take ages to do all this what do you think the best way to proceed to get this handled fastly would be?
sittin_tech
join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN

sittin_tech

So is the issue resolved now that you are using their modem?

Theta
join:2003-07-24
Wentzville, MO

Theta to Unusable

to Unusable
said by Unusable:

That would take ages to do all this what do you think the best way to proceed to get this handled fastly would be?

You would be amazed how quickly their BBB department will get back with you... Just a hint since you assumed it would take far longer than it does if you would like to take that route.
Unusable
Knoxville, TN

Unusable to sittin_tech

to sittin_tech
said by sittin_tech:

So is the issue resolved now that you are using their modem?

i was using there modem at first. Then i bought my own. And now im using another 1 of theres, And sorta yes its better

Username01
@charter.com

Username01 to Unusable

Anon

to Unusable
To answer your question no Charter doesn't send out techs on purpose just to charge you.
arbit3r9
Nighthawk RAX80 Arris SB8200 rev4
join:2006-02-08
Dorr, MI

arbit3r9 to Unusable

to Unusable
If the problem you had wasn't their equipment and if your problem was modem you bought then they can charge you for service call as it wasn't anything wrong with their hardware it was your they had to fix.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to Theta

Premium Member

to Theta
said by Theta:

You would be amazed how quickly their BBB department will get back with you

This is quite true!

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Yes, amazingly quick! I got at least 3 top execs attention from the Simpsonville, SC office.
said by cork1958:

said by Theta:

You would be amazed how quickly their BBB department will get back with you

This is quite true!

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac to Unusable

Premium Member

to Unusable
The BBB has no power, authority, or anything.

Companies don't pay attention to the BBB, they just send a monetary amount, and their rating is given an A+.

Theta
join:2003-07-24
Wentzville, MO

Theta

I'm guessing you've never filed a complaint with them - it's surprisingly effective, as two others have now noted / agreed with.

It sounds like your experiences have been less-than-satisfactory, but I've always received immediate attention from companies once a (valid) BBB complaint is filed.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to Unusable

Premium Member

to Unusable
What was the actual solution to the problem?

In any event, as you started and ended with their modem, there should be no charges. But if they did any other changes while in your home, such as replacing cables, splitters, etc., it is a billable dispatch unless you are paying the monthly "line service fee".

You need to talk with Charter to get it resolved. I would start by going to the local office. Bite your tongue and be polite.

compuguybna
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to BKayrac

to BKayrac
TRUE, the BBB has no power over any company.

However, most companies HATE BBB complaints, and usually have specific departments that deal with complaints submitted thru them. (most commonly called Executive Resolutions Department/Teams)

I've used the BBB to my advantage several times over the past years.
said by BKayrac:

The BBB has no power, authority, or anything.

Companies don't pay attention to the BBB, they just send a monetary amount, and their rating is given an A+.

Sr Tech
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Meriden, CT

Sr Tech to Unusable

Premium Member

to Unusable
Sounds like they had the wrong config being sent to the modem. This happened with me, even though charter supplies their own modem for free today they made it sound that my own modem was the issue even though their inside people are incompetent. Luckily I stayed with the tech as he was on the phone when they figured out the issue. You need to contact the advocate as I had the same problem as the billing side told me I had to pay lol.... F Charter - soon as I find the number I will IM you with it.