VoIP.ms, Magento, and lotsa open tabs
join:2015-02-19
Miami, FL

1 edit

3 recommendations

79176722 (banned)

How do you "like" a post?

For example:
»Re: VoIP and HIPAA Compliance - Opinions Please?

How did arpawocky mark a "like"? When I'm reading other people's posts, my Actions button shows "recommend" but not "like".

Thanks.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

3 recommendations

Pacrat

MVM

synonymous:recommend = like
79176722 (banned)
VoIP.ms, Magento, and lotsa open tabs
join:2015-02-19
Miami, FL

79176722 (banned)

That's odd. The system just randomly picks the text label to display?!

anonomeX
@comcast.net

anonomeX to Pacrat

Anon

to Pacrat
Once more with feeling: another "thumbs up" discussion!

Maybe it should be a profile setting: "What do you want to call that thing you do to let other posters know that you 'like'/'recommend'/'thumbs up'/'thank you for' a post?" and have radio buttons for each option. And the default would be... [shrugs][Idunno]? ...and then that's what the system would display for you.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

2 recommendations

nwrickert to 79176722

Mod

to 79176722
said by 79176722:

How do you "like" a post?

Some I like a great deal; others not so much
said by 79176722:

How did arpawocky mark a "like"? When I'm reading other people's posts, my Actions button shows "recommend" but not "like".

"Like" -- "recommend"; same thing.

I guess if it is your own post, you see "like" and the name of the recommender. If it is someone else's post you see "recommend" but no name. If it is an anonymous post, I'm not sure what you see, though I think the recommender name shows in that case.

One of the tabs on the Post tracker page lists your recent posts that are liked by others.

And this is only until the forum gods decide to change it.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

1 edit

Pacrat to 79176722

MVM

to 79176722
I think it has to do with who is looking. If you're on the receiving end, you probably see "likes", but if you're on the giving end, you'll probably see "recommended".

edit; Duh! need to read previous posts before I open my big mouth. Sorry 'bout that!