CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

Corsair H60 water cooling...

Anyone have one and offer a review? My PC room is quite cool in the winter but at 100% for all 4 cores - it is running about 46 C (room at approx 66 F). In the summer the room gets to be mid-70's to 80. Not sure what the CPU temps are but they are not 60+ C.

It is not necessarily something I have to have but I would love to be able to blow out a radiator instead of a HSF that is far more of a pain to clean. I never wanted to go with water due to the pain of putting the system together but with all sealed units now...
LittleBill
join:2013-05-24

LittleBill

why are you at 100% for all 4 cores?

i have the h60, works good much quieter, been on my system for years

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

1 recommendation

CylonRed

MVM

Distributed Computing - BOINC

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
I just got the h100i about a month ago. I put it on a socket AM3+, and it was the easiest damn thing I have ever installed LOL.

went from the high 40's to the upper teens/low 20's at idle. i'm guessing it's the case temp on the other sensor, but sensor1 gives me about 4.5* to 5* at idle!! (all *C)

temps are amazingly low with it. granted, it has a larger radiator than the 60, but the 60 should make your CPU nice and cool.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

I have the side of my case off and the temps are warmer - naturally, in the mid-40C. NewEgg has the H60 with free shipping and $5 less than Microcenter.

In the summer I would probably to have to experiment with push or pull for the fan. Right now it blows out with a 120 in back, a 200 at the top, and 2 120s in the front. If it was cheap enough I would almost like to try a higher end (2-120 fan/radiator) in the front but it would be a pain to clean.

At least all of the current fans have 3 speed settings so that if it blows in I can adjust the others accordingly (less blow in front with more exhaust out of the top).

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

I don't know if it helps being from a different brand, but a mate who is a gamer/HD video buff used the Antec Kuhler 620 and it covered the uses and over clocking quite well.

May be of assistance?
»translate.google.com/tra ··· ir-h60/1
»www.hardwareheaven.com/c ··· review/1

Then you have this beaut review.
»www.tomshardware.com/rev ··· 084.html

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
I ran an H80i for a little while. I'll never purchase one of those models again. It was bulky as hell. It was a pain in the nuts to install and just generally a tight fit. The fans were beyond loud, it was ridiculous. I had to run the fans at the lowest setting and even then it was still loud.. The temps that the CPU was running at didn't warrant all the negatives of the H80i. Temps were really sub par and disappointing.

The pump ended up failing on the unit, so I RMA'd it back to Corsair and sold the new one on Craigslist.

My newest build I'm running an H110 with Noctua Redux fans. The H110 is night and day difference compared to that shitty H80i.
LittleBill
join:2013-05-24

LittleBill to CylonRed

to CylonRed
said by CylonRed:

I have the side of my case off and the temps are warmer - naturally, in the mid-40C. NewEgg has the H60 with free shipping and $5 less than Microcenter.

In the summer I would probably to have to experiment with push or pull for the fan. Right now it blows out with a 120 in back, a 200 at the top, and 2 120s in the front. If it was cheap enough I would almost like to try a higher end (2-120 fan/radiator) in the front but it would be a pain to clean.

At least all of the current fans have 3 speed settings so that if it blows in I can adjust the others accordingly (less blow in front with more exhaust out of the top).

for the amount of fans you currently have, i would be surprised if you see a big difference, thats alot of air flow, i used a AMD phenom 4 core, and 2 120's sandwiched together with the radiator between them.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Well - I hate my case. I have no cut out behind the CPU on the backside of the motherboard tray. In order to install any of the these I would need to take apart the entire PC

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
I had the first-gen H60, it ran fine for almost 2 years and died. The RMA'd it and sent me the second-gen H60, it ran fine for over a year then died as well. They RMA'd that one and sent me the H75 a few weeks ago.

Thankfully my mobo backplate has a hole to mount the HSF without taking everything apart.

The H75 seems to perform about the same as the H60's did. The newer versions were easier to install as the tubing was a bit more flexible. The fan noise wasn't obtrusive to me at all.

I am running a i2500k overclocked at 4.2GHz and I am idling at 32c and about low 50's at load. Both units did a good enough job for me.

I leave my system running 24/7 too so these things take a good beating. Corsair's support is pretty darn good. They really take care of you when you have an issue with their coolers.

I'd have no problem recommending them personally.

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount

Premium Member

just out of curiosity, what failed on them?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by quitaccount:

just out of curiosity, what failed on them?

It's almost always the pump that goes bad.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to quitaccount

MVM

to quitaccount
Very likely the pump - other than the fan the pump is the only running part. A hose would probably be mentioned and be a good reason not to buy them again.

The common issue in the H60 in reviews does seem to be the pump.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
The first time the pump completely died. I woke up and found my system in a constant reboot. It would fire up, hit the emergency temp, turn off in an endless loop. Checked in BIOS, showed the pump RPMs at 0. So they sent me a new H60.

Then a few weeks ago my system started running choppy. I noticed the temps were spiked. The RPMs in BIOS looked fine so I pulled the unit, cleaned it, added some AS5, reinstalled and no changes. So I am guessing there was some hangup with the pump.

I was happy they RMA'd another cooler for me. Saved me a few bucks on that one. So I have no complaints even though 2 units died in 4 years.

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

Cthen to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

I ran an H80i for a little while. I'll never purchase one of those models again. It was bulky as hell. It was a pain in the nuts to install and just generally a tight fit. The fans were beyond loud, it was ridiculous. I had to run the fans at the lowest setting and even then it was still loud.. The temps that the CPU was running at didn't warrant all the negatives of the H80i. Temps were really sub par and disappointing.

The pump ended up failing on the unit, so I RMA'd it back to Corsair and sold the new one on Craigslist.

My newest build I'm running an H110 with Noctua Redux fans. The H110 is night and day difference compared to that shitty H80i.

Interesting, I had the opposite with the H80i except with the installation part. It was a bit bulky but once I got it all situated, it was all good from there. Mine runs quiet and keeps the cpu (AMD FX 8120) cool at around 35 Celsius as to where it would overheat regularly during gaming with any HSF.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to quitaccount

Premium Member

to quitaccount
Pump died on me too. It lasted about 2 years on a system that was running 24/7.
tdumaine
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

tdumaine to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
Been running the H60 on an AMD8320 8 core and even under load it barely hits 50c. has 2 video cards sli underneath it too.

That no back cutout might be a problem tho. The hoses arent very long and my tower has that cutout. Mounted there sucking in air across the rad seems to be working best. Hot air is sucked out up top by an exhaust fan.
adam9c1
join:2014-05-01
USA

adam9c1

i have a H50 on a i7 2.8 (stock speed)
It has been running for the last 5 years.
Computer is on 95% of the time.