·AT&T FTTP

1 edit

fatmanskinny

Premium Member

[Connectivity] Comcast Xfinity Internet hang on certain websites

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I am on the 100+MB XFinity internet package which was installed yesterday along with two X1 boxes and a wireless Cisco modem that includes EMTA phone ports for my XFinity voice service. The tech from this install called me back yesterday and said Comcast told him that my signal levels looked weak. (Screenshots of power levels, etc added)

Another tech came out today to place an amp between the line the comes into my house and the various lines feeding into other rooms. He said the signal improved a bit but still appeared a little weak. He replaced the line between the tap from the street and where the line comes into my house.

He said the signal was still kind of weak but it improved a bit and is an acceptable range (I think I head him tell his supervisor 10.5 or something like that).

In any case, the modem seems to work fine but on a few websites, the connection stalls for about 5-10 seconds and then the page displays, regardless of which browser I use. I have cleared cache, cookies, rebooted, tried different computers and browsers.

One example site is: us.spindices.com. This site can take 5-10 seconds to load.

Is it possible that the signal may still be too weak, it may be that particular website or I got a faulty modem? I tried swapping out network cables and that seemed to not make any difference.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

My connection is fine here but it takes five or more seconds for us.spindices.com to load no matter which browser I use. It's not you, it's that site that is just slow to load.

fatmanskinny
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Wandering

fatmanskinny

Premium Member

Ahh, ok. Thanks for checking, graysonf. Much appreciated.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Yer welcome. I'd be curious to see what others say about it.

Prius2004
join:2015-02-20
Fort Myers, FL

Prius2004 to fatmanskinny

to fatmanskinny
My connection is also fine and that site takes at least 6-7 seconds to load in both IE11 and Cyberfox. It loads a bit more quickly in Chrome but not much, maybe a second or two.
dudeofmoose
join:2011-07-19
Stockton, CA

dudeofmoose to graysonf

to graysonf
7 Mississippi(es) for me on Verizon 4G jetpack

jbob
Reach Out and Touch Someone
Premium Member
join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY
Asus GT-AX6000
Asus RT-AC66U B1

jbob to fatmanskinny

Premium Member

to fatmanskinny
Having trouble even getting that site to load for me. My first attempt I waited for a minute before cancelling the request. The next time it loaded quicker but still a long delay. And even if the page displayed it still has not loaded fully. Bad web site or their web server cannot serve files fast enough?

I would think if you're having connect issues with your hardware it would be reflected most anywhere you go. I will say some websites I frequent are just slower at serving files. Some web sites are very snappy while others take a while. For some that may be a function of equipment and others could simply be misconfigured DNS entries.
Corporate
join:2014-10-04

Corporate to fatmanskinny

to fatmanskinny
This website is also loading slowly for me. Using Verizon DSL and Safari 8.