Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

2 recommendations

Lurch77

Premium Member

[Tools] Roof Rake With Slide

What type of plastic do you think is used for the slide, and where would a guy get some?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· hlENQoIE

jmdomini
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
Sycamore, IL

1 edit

jmdomini

Premium Member

That's pretty cool!

I don't know what kind of plastic, but here's someone making one using a tarp.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· ovM5Dkgc

Or you can buy a similar product here.

»avalanche-snow.com/produ ··· l-500-2/

Edit: Or you can just buy the plastic as well...
»avalanche-snow.com/produ ··· al-only/
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

lawsoncl to Lurch77

to Lurch77
I have the Roof Razor Dynamo »www.minnsnowta.com/. The slide is a very heavy tarp-like material. It works really well and beats the heck out of climbing up there and shoveling 3 or 4 feet of heavy stuff. I can even get most of the second story roof with the extension poles.
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee

said by lawsoncl:

I have the Roof Razor Dynamo »www.minnsnowta.com/. The slide is a very heavy tarp-like material. It works really well and beats the heck out of climbing up there and shoveling 3 or 4 feet of heavy stuff. I can even get most of the second story roof with the extension poles.

I've never seen that one. It looks like a knock off of the original.
»avalanche-snow.com/

rjackal
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Plymouth, MI

1 recommendation

rjackal to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77
Reminds me of the "flying carpet" style snow sleds that we had as kids. They were rolls of stiff but flexible plastic.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77 to jmdomini

Premium Member

to jmdomini
I like that you can buy the slide plastic only. And maybe similar plastic can be purchased locally, I've just never recalled seeing it in any stores. I like the design of the one in my video best, and it looks simple enough to make with some aluminum and then adapt it to my current roof rake's long handle. I'd just like some semi-rigid plastic that curls up out of the way when the snow weight isn't on it.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by Lurch77:

I'd just like some semi-rigid plastic that curls up out of the way when the snow weight isn't on it.

It also seems like a semirigid plastic like that wouldn't bind on the roof as much as something like a tarp would so would be easier to push up the roof.
Expand your moderator at work