wutsinterweb3
End Citizen's United
Premium Member
join:2014-08-26
USA

wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

Advanced overclocker forums?

Guys, what Forums and tutorial sites can help me with building and OCing my Haswell build?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Overclock.net is a great resource. You should be able to find a guide for your exact CPU or CPU family (e.g. 4770K/4790K). Here was my experience with Ivy Bridge:

»Overclocking to 5.0 GHz in a day (Ivy Bridge)

wutsinterweb3
End Citizen's United
Premium Member
join:2014-08-26
USA

1 edit

wutsinterweb3

Premium Member

Ok, looked at the Devil's Canyon one, and I'm disappointed so far. No discussion of what different BIOS settins are, and what order to change them in, horrible spelling and grammar, and a lot of verbiage without much being said. I'm going to have to dig deeper into that site, but what I don't know is what things like VID are, what they control, what to set and what not to, the whole alchemy of it. I remember being very disappointed back the the S939 days with overclocking guides also.

Now I'm not out to put down you trying to help me, maybe I'm just not looking at the right threads.

I do now know about some of what makes Devil's Canyon supersede it's predecessor.

EDIT: I just saw your guide reference for the other processor, that one looks good from my quick glance. I suppose I need to start there in spite of my using a Devil's Canyon processor? I wish I had the knowledge and skills, I admire people that undertake writing such guides, even if they don't have good language skills or know how to make procedures, where I went to school they taught us how to write procedures in technical work, I wish I had the knowledge so I could write one of this and help people, I know how to write, just don't have the knowledge of the procedures...

That site has plenty to read, thank you for the referral!