All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RobertJTownley
join:2001-04-13
Omaha, NE

RobertJTownley

[ALL] Where did Max_CPE information go on support.cox.net?

In 2014, after logging into cox.net website, i could view and possibly change the number of MAC addresses or Customer Premise Equipment attached to my CableModem. Now, i no longer see anything at all related to Media Access Control addresses or number of PCs that can connect. Can someone confirm?

Omaha

CoxTech1
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1

This feature has actually been discontinued I want to say some time last year or longer ago. All residential accounts with the exception of Ultimate Tier are now limited to a single IP address.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

1 recommendation

Hard Harry7

Any word on if that will change when IPv6 comes along? I imagine it would have to right?

CoxTech1
Chesapeake, VA

1 recommendation

CoxTech1

One of the goals of IPv6 is for every device, even those behind routers to have public routable IP addresses. More information on how IPv6 will work will be made available at a later time.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Just saying maybe Cox got rid of something they charge for because soon it will be redundant. Either way its a good spin.

odog
Minister of internet doohickies
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

odog to RobertJTownley

Premium Member

to RobertJTownley
Very few people used it. Mostly it was a legacy thing created before NAT/routers had proliferated.

Lasko
@cox.net

Lasko to CoxTech1

Anon

to CoxTech1
quote:
This feature has actually been discontinued I want to say some time last year or longer ago. All residential accounts with the exception of Ultimate Tier are now limited to a single IP address.
I have read this is various threads but have not been able to confirm it nor am I able to find any information regarding the max number of IP addresses I am allowed on Ultimate. Is this feature for real? And if it is why is any information on it hidden from Cox customers?

CoxTech1
Chesapeake, VA

1 recommendation

CoxTech1

I don't believe we advertise this feature anymore however anytime I look at an Ultimate Tier modem I have seen it still available.