spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9

Almost Makes Me Wish TWC Hadn't Sold to Brighthouse

Tampa Bay area used to be TWC, until the Newhouse family did some form of asset/equity swap and we became Brighthouse.

Brighthouse customer service is the friendliest there is, but speeds are total crap unless you pay through the nose for the "Lightning" tier. Even then, their 150 Mbps top tier is a total snore compared to 300 Mbps TWTC, 500/500 FIOS, and Gigabit from others.

They just upgraded those of us on "Standard" tier from 10/1 to 15/1. Oh boy.... I'm really flyin' now.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

said by rebus9:

Tampa Bay area used to be TWC, until the Newhouse family did some form of asset/equity swap and we became Brighthouse.

Brighthouse customer service is the friendliest there is, but speeds are total crap unless you pay through the nose for the "Lightning" tier. Even then, their 150 Mbps top tier is a total snore compared to 300 Mbps TWTC, 500/500 FIOS, and Gigabit from others.

They just upgraded those of us on "Standard" tier from 10/1 to 15/1. Oh boy.... I'm really flyin' now.

Switch back to fios you will have pre-wired home pricing if you already have ONT from previous service. 25/25 internet should be 29.99 or less.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9

I'm already a FIOS internet customer. I buy from BH and VZ for redundancy, because my heavily-telecommute workstyle means I cannot be without internet service.

Today I noticed an announcement on my Feb 2015 bill of an 11.4 percent price increase starting next month. I can get a 4G hotspot from T-Mobile with 7 GB monthly data for about the same money, and I could carry it with me. I'd probably never need that much for a "backup" connection-- their 3 GB for $30/mo. is probably enough.

I wouldn't "want" to rely on 4G as a backup connection.... but the truth is, T-Mobile's 4G hotspot plans are going DOWN in price and the cable company's internet is going UP. The decision may soon become elementary.