uniqs

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

[STB] Can't export to cloud

After reporting intermittant pixelation and macro blocking on a dozen channels (related QAMs) and playing VZ follow the script reader, VZ sent me a new 7232. Before replacing the STB, I went to export my setting to the cloud. A dozen attempts over several days and all I get "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that right now". Okay, not exactly that, but you get the idea.

Has anybody had problems exporting to the cloud, then gotten it to work? If so, what did you do?
wctom
join:2012-06-12
Leesburg, FL

wctom

I didn't have an opportunity to export to the cloud when my 7232 went bad. They shipped me a new one, and when I tried to set up my series recordings, it asked if I wanted to restore them from the cloud. I just said yes, figuring that there wouldn't be anything to restore, but sure enough, all my series recording restored.

I'm figuring that they are watching everything you do, and are storing this information, even if you don't save it to the cloud.

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler to More Fiber

to More Fiber
I had a similar experience to wctcom. I had a DVR go belly up and when I installed the new 7232, I got the same message when I fiddled around in the DVR section as I started to set up my series recordings. When I answered yes, all my series recordings reappeared. I never uploaded anything to the cloud.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

1 recommendation

More Fiber

MVM

Just to close this out. Never got the export to cloud to work successfully. I installed the replacement 7232, went through the activation, go to scheduled recordings, nothing there. No obvious "import from cloud" selection.

Grumble, grumble. What good is the feature if it doesn't work. Resign myself to entring about 40 series manually, some of which aren't even in the schedule at the moment.

Lo and behold, as soon as I try to schedule a series, it asks me if I want to import from the cloud. I say yes. WooHoo. All the scheduled series are there. Stupid ass interface, but it worked.

mushmouth
join:2001-12-13
Earth

mushmouth

Why they didn't just have a simple import from cloud option I'll never understand.
You have to set up a series to record then the import settings option should appear.
It may have uploaded it to cloud even if it didn't say it successfully do it.