Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Nowhere
·Armstrong

OSIU

Premium Member

[FP-Ops] F7B3

All:

F7B3 has been struggling to send a WU back for the last couple days. It hasn't downloaded and started working on a new WU since either. See »foldy.nozero.org/drop_bo ··· Hlog.txt for the latest log. According to the server status page (»fah-web.stanford.edu/pyb ··· tat.html), some interesting things are afoot. Is there anything I can do? Or is this one where we have to wait for the folks in the Pande Group to do something?

O

parkut
Crunch Addict
MVM
join:2001-12-15
Clinton Township, MI

parkut

MVM

None of my beasties are starving, but mine are running a more recent version of FAH

barring an update to newer version of FAH and the processing scripts, maybe consider stopping FAH, deleting machinedependaent.dat, and restarting?

toTOW wrote:
A few other servers appear to be enabled for version 6 CPU folding clients, a 
minimum requirement of 6.34 seems common. Whether there is work to be had
 in those queues can not be determined from the serverstat page. Increasingly 
version 7 is the minimum required, sometimes at least 7.2.9.

In some cases deleting the machinedependent.dat file from the v6 directory and 
restarting the client will change the situation and result in an assignment to a 
different server. But that depends on what settings are being used on the client, 
and what is available on the servers.

parkut

1 recommendation

parkut to OSIU

MVM

to OSIU
Todays look at the log files hint at some other trouble. You are downloading the same work unit over and over, yet its failing shortly after starting the run. Perhaps consider stopping fah - service FAHClient stop -- delete the contents of the work folder -- and restart fah -- service FAHClient start

OSIU
Premium Member
Nowhere

OSIU

Premium Member

I will give the suggestions a try this evening and see if that fixes the situation.

O
OSIU

OSIU

Premium Member

I stopped FAH, deleted the contents of the work folder and the machinedependent.dat file and restarted. The uploading issue is gone, but it still isn't getting a WU. Perhaps I need to upgrade to V7? What do I need to do to do that?

Thanks!

O

parkut
Crunch Addict
MVM
join:2001-12-15
Clinton Township, MI

1 recommendation

parkut to OSIU

MVM

to OSIU
Well, it's received Project: 8821 (Run 0, Clone 11, Gen 384) and crunching now.

OSIU
Premium Member
Nowhere
·Armstrong

2 recommendations

OSIU

Premium Member

Well, maybe it just needed to clear its head for a minute before returning to work. How about that.....

Thanks for the suggestions parkut See Profile!

O