spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fishacura
join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura

Video "skipping"

The last few days my video has been cutting out for a second once every 10 minutes or so. They'll be talking and then there will be a fraction of a second "skip" forward for lack ofa better description. Anyone seeing this?

jimbo248
join:2001-08-09
Plymouth Meeting, PA

jimbo248

Re: Video "skipping"

I've had this happen periodically over the last few weeks. Not on every channel though.
littlebird
join:2004-01-25
Carlisle, PA

littlebird to fishacura

to fishacura
Same here for the last week or so.
kjoconnor
join:2011-05-30
Redondo Beach, CA

kjoconnor to fishacura

to fishacura

I am seeing this and it is really getting old fast...:-(
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

I don't see it and I'm in the same VHO.
fishacura
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura

Sorry to hear it but glad others have the issue as that means maybe it's getting more attention. I rebooted box and that stops it but then it comes back later.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

It's very annoying and sometimes it causes a scene to repeat for a split second.
RobertMets12
join:2010-10-16

RobertMets12 to fishacura

to fishacura
I see it too it must be at the headend. Maybe now it will be fixed. It is getting to be annoying.
PMcmil5450
join:2011-05-26
Virginia Beach, VA

PMcmil5450 to fishacura

to fishacura

I'm seeing it as well in Virginia Beach.
xgman
join:2012-05-29

xgman

Yes, seeing here too.
JAH_PGH
join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH to fishacura

to fishacura
I noticed it on Root Sports (576) during Penguin hockey games. I wasn't sure if it was the Root feed or FiOS. It's pretty annoying when a 1 second skip means missing an entire play.
Acct101
Premium Member
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

Hopefully Verizon is aware of the problem
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer to fishacura

to fishacura
Seen it here in VHO7.

I was watching a basketball game on ESPN and it was skipping every 2 minutes. I had to go into another room and the other box was OK. I rebooted the troubled box and that fixed it for a while. It's a game of whack-a-mole.
bushleaguer

bushleaguer to Acct101

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

Hopefully Verizon is aware of the problem

I hope so as well. I'd call just to to give the tech crew a heads-up but I don't want to go through the litany of troubleshooting that begins with checking the coax connection on all the boxes.
cissado
Premium Member
join:2008-01-14
Clifton, NJ

cissado to fishacura

Premium Member

to fishacura
I get it randomly, but I get a one second rewind.
HoundNJ
join:2010-10-08
Denville, NJ

HoundNJ

Watching FS1 and is happened a few times tonight so far.
Acct101
Premium Member
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to fishacura

Premium Member

to fishacura
I emailed Verizon and here is the response I received from their tech staff:

"We're not aware of any specific issue that may be causing this. I saw the thread, seems to be pretty wide geographic spread complete with at least one report of not seeing an issue. What hardware platform are you using? Quantum (VMS1100/IPC1100s) or our Legacy QIP7XXX equipment? Do you see this happening more frequently on some channels as opposed to others? If you use a DVR, has it caught any of these interruptions in recordings?"

So if anyone can provide further information, it would be much appreciated!

Patrick

I answered that I have the Quantum boxes and that the condition appears randomly on many channels.
pdroth
VHO5
join:2005-01-03
Merrick, NY

pdroth

Forgive my ingorance - I'm sure I can look up but would be just quicker to ask here: How can I email Verizon and report the same thing?
Acct101
Premium Member
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to fishacura

Premium Member

to fishacura
Any one have the problem using component cables?

Here is what I was told:

"Interesting. Are all of your IPCs and VMS1100 connected to televisions with HDMI? Do you have the ability to test your most frequently watched set with component cables for a period? The reason for trying this would be that the digital 'skip' could be happening over the HDMI feed, but it wouldn't manifest itself that way over component cables since they are analog. I suspect it will be seen in both cases, but this would eliminate any possibility of HDMI being to blame.

The fact that you can skip back and rewatch the time period that had the error and it's gone indicates it's probably not in the original signal feeding in to the box. It would therefore be manifesting at the box or after. Taking away the HDMI variable will remove the 'after' possibility."
Acct101

Acct101 to pdroth

Premium Member

to pdroth
There is a tab up top for direct contact to Verizon
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5 to fishacura

to fishacura
I'm not seeing this, VHO5. Perhaps this is a Quantum only thing? (I'm not a Quantum user)

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

ggma1126 to fishacura

Premium Member

to fishacura

same here mostly on TNT and USA channels

VzKid
@verizon.net

VzKid

Anon

This is now a known issue and will be fixed with an update on March 15th!
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer

said by VzKid :

Thanks for the update.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to VzKid

Premium Member

to VzKid
said by VzKid :

Very glad to hear. This one has gotten REALLY bad for me the last couple days. Last night it was happening across every channel I was watching live. Recordings aren't affected - and interestingly enough I started watching one show live and it looked ok, and then realized that that same show was being recorded while I was watching it.

Also interesting about the notion that it may be caused by the HDMI feed. I do have one of my IPC boxes hooked up via component, so I could check that, but if they're going to roll out an update, I may not need to do that.

VzKid
@verizon.net

VzKid

Anon

Right now the official recommendation until the update arrives is to power cycle the media server lol
fishacura
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura

WOW! Typically I feel like I start a thread and everyone says "known....see this thread". This time I feel like I was on the bleeding edge lol! Glad they are working it. Since I have posted I've seen it A LOT less. I have quantum and unplugged the main box. Once reset it seemed to do away with it, at least for the last few days. However, it does come in waves so it may be back.
mikeluscher159
join:2011-09-04

mikeluscher159 to sbernstein5

to sbernstein5
I've seen it, and I'm in VHO-5 with QIP boxes.

jkpa
@verizon.net

jkpa

Anon

We're getting it here (suburban Philadelphia) constantly, across all channels, and on both televisions connected to separate STBs.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to mikeluscher159

to mikeluscher159
Since it appears to be QIP boxes as well: Can I assume that this Bug affects all Quantum PLUS legacy boxes?

Not just Quantum?