TNO { Trust No One } ......antdude *_*

Thanks, Fox Mulder. :P
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to antdude

to antdude
Hmm I think I could agree with ios. Every jail break uses a exploit. If I recall there uave been around 6 different ones plus variants of them.
85160670 (banned)
"If U know neither the enemy nor yoursel
join:2013-09-17
Edmonton, AB

85160670 (banned) to antdude

to antdude
Here are the result OS-X top vulnerability ....." Apple tops operating system, Microsoft application vulnerability chart "[ »www.ghacks.net/2015/02/2 ··· y-chart/ ]
lorennerol
Premium Member
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

2 recommendations

lorennerol to Nanaki

Premium Member

to Nanaki
said by Nanaki:

Hmm I think I could agree with ios. Every jail break uses a exploit. If I recall there uave been around 6 different ones plus variants of them.

Microsoft has shipped more patches for its patches than that in the last six months alone.

I'm no Apple Fanboy, but their code quality is light years ahead of the Three Stooges stuff coming out of Redmond.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

michieru to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
The way the information was compiled and presented means that Linux and Apple iOS/OS X includes all builds to include the browser.

It's interesting that Safari was not separated from the OS X portion like the rest of the browsers and it's also interesting to see that the report did not include Android/Windows phone. So we have no way of knowing how much of what build is affected.

This analysis is incomplete and lacking at best even on the Microsoft side. 80 CVE's exist in 2014 for the Safari browser alone if you do a quick search on the database and range from iOS 7x to the latest versions.

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

1 recommendation

camper

Premium Member

said by michieru:

The way the information was compiled and presented means that Linux and Apple iOS/OS X includes all builds to include the browser.

So I'm not the only one who noticed that the OS-X numbers are an aggregate, while the Windows numbers are not.

Apples and oranges comparison (no pun intended).
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

1 recommendation

Riamen to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
Yeah I was wondering why Windows is broken down by version but Linux, iOS and OS X are not. And where is Android? Just another clickbait article, not worth reading.
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

1 recommendation

Nanaki (banned) to lorennerol

to lorennerol
Not talking about patches but about vulnerabilities. As in how many exist.
85160670 (banned)
Edmonton, AB

85160670 (banned)

Just in case FF fanboy new version is out {{{ SMILE }}}
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

2 recommendations

HELLFIRE to antdude

MVM

to antdude
...and there was much celebrating and other-camp-bashing on all sides...

Still comes down to "if it can be made by human hands, it can be broken by human hands"

Regards
85160670 (banned)
Edmonton, AB

1 recommendation

85160670 (banned)

Here we go OS-X "Mac OS X Isn't Safe Anymore: The Crapware / Malware Epidemic Has Begun"...Since we are primarily Mac users ourselves here at How-To Geek, we're really hoping that Apple takes a different tactic with this problem than Microsoft has with Windows and doesn't allow these scam artists to destroy their platform.

Bundled Crapware for OS X is Getting Worse Every Day..[ »www.howtogeek.com/210589 ··· s-begun/ ]
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

1 recommendation

Nanaki (banned)

Have to laugh at the wimdows aprosch comment. Ms has handled it the only way possible. That is with anti virus etc software. ,ac etc need powerfull amd robist av etc apps now not later. If they wait the other oses are going to get slammed hardcore by viruses and spyware. We are seeing little more than proof of concept weak crap at the moment. A virus like the fake fbi warning that is all but a joke on wimdows would be very serious on ios or osx. I don't even know how you could remove a ips os infection of that one from ios. It is a pain in the ass to get rid of a browser baes infection.