uniqs

SueS
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

1 edit

SueS

Premium Member

Yes I agree photography can be art. I think everyone has their own definition of what constitutes a photograph, and when it becomes digital art. I usually think of a photograph as what comes from the camera with some small corrections like color correction, sharpening, cropping, curves, and maybe a little cloning. When it has unnatural color correction and other heavy processing, I think of it as digital art. This is my opinion of when something is digital art or a photograph, as I have yet to see a definition of what is digital art. I think everyone has their own opinion of what is a photo and what is digital art. If it is all digital art, then we only need one label or none. A photo labeled landscape to me means a realistic photograph, or something close to what comes from the camera, but when viewing your photo it says to me that it is digital art, and is heavily processed. I have no problem with digital art, I just like to see it labeled as digital art, if that is the intent, as I think it is more helpful to the viewers, especially beginners.

Now I wonder, did you want others to view this as a realistic photo, or unrealistic and heavily processed?