join:2002-06-22
Atlanta
Apple AirPort Express (2012)
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)
ARRIS SB6183

acadiel

Premium Member

[Tampa] SB6121 - Supports 150?

I know the 6121 can only have 4 channels downstream. I'm getting 75-80M down right now on 75. Got an offer for $15 more to upgrade to Lightning 150.

I know I probably won't get the full 150 with the 6121, but can anyone using a 6121 let me know the max speeds you are seeing (like 100, 125?) I just don't feel like buying a 6141 or renting one for the last two months I'll be in this market. (I'm moving back to Comcast territory in April.)

Note: I'm using an Airport Time Capsule 802.11AC (Gigabit Ethernet network). So no 100M Bottlenecks on the wired part of the network at all.

Thanks!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by acadiel:

I know the 6121 can only have 4 channels downstream. I'm getting 75-80M down right now on 75. Got an offer for $15 more to upgrade to Lightning 150.

I know I probably won't get the full 150 with the 6121, but can anyone using a 6121 let me know the max speeds you are seeing (like 100, 125?) I just don't feel like buying a 6141 or renting one for the last two months I'll be in this market. (I'm moving back to Comcast territory in April.)

Note: I'm using an Airport Time Capsule 802.11AC (Gigabit Ethernet network). So no 100M Bottlenecks on the wired part of the network at all.

Thanks!

Please don't. Either hold off on the upgrade of speeds until you can get the proper modem or use our modem temporarily until you the proper modem for the proper speed.

GeNomer
join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

GeNomer to acadiel

to acadiel
The maximum stable throughput for downstream on 4 channels is 152mbps. That is assuming that there is no overhead and that BHN has everything fully maxed out (which they might not in order to avoid potential congestion on some channels).

Lightning 150 shouldn't be tied to any promotion, so you could call in and talk to tech support, ask them to upgrade you to 150, keep them on the line while you reboot your modem and then run a speedtest. If it tests good, then keep it. If it comes in too low for your liking, have the rep take you back to 75. Because it isn't tied to a promo it shouldn't mess up any special pricing you have to hop between 75 and 150 and back.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to acadiel

Premium Member

to acadiel
No please don't do it. Running a 6121 @ 150 would suck the life out of those four channels which is impactful in many ways not just to the individual. We want you to have an awesome experience, we also want people around you to have an awesome experience. When you do something like this you not only impact yourself but potentially others around you with less capable devices. The 6121 is not approved for the 150 tier so don't try it. Thank you!
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to acadiel

Premium Member

to acadiel
Please adhere to this approved modems list w/tier limits:

»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· ce-9109/
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to acadiel

Premium Member

to acadiel
You want 150 get the 6141 or better yet future proof yourself a bit and get the 6183.

GeNomer
join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

GeNomer to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

No please don't do it. Running a 6121 @ 150 would suck the life out of those four channels which is impactful in many ways not just to the individual. We want you to have an awesome experience, we also want people around you to have an awesome experience. When you do something like this you not only impact yourself but potentially others around you with less capable devices. The 6121 is not approved for the 150 tier so don't try it. Thank you!

That is a really good point, that I didn't think about. I'm too inconsiderate sometimes, lol.

Pat3
@bhn.net

Pat3 to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

You want 150 get the 6141 or better yet future proof yourself a bit and get the 6183.

Is there any D-3.1 modems out there yet?

Also, is there a good 16X bonded down with MTA?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to acadiel

Premium Member

to acadiel
said by Pat3 :

Not retail
said by Pat3 :

Not retail

Pat3
@bhn.net

Pat3

Anon

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Pat3 :

Not retail
said by Pat3 :

Not retail

Does Bh rent the 16x bonded with mta or D3.1?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Pat3 :

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Pat3 :

Not retail
said by Pat3 :

Not retail

Does Bh rent the 16x bonded with mta or D3.1?

16x modem coming soon w/300 tier (no MTA)

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

1 edit

DCELL

said by BHNtechXpert:

16x modem coming soon w/300 tier (no MTA)

:) I've already got a separate modem for internet and for phone. I expect I'll be needing a tech to come out and swap out the ubee soon... Put me on the waiting list Safari Dude!

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-22
Atlanta
Apple AirPort Express (2012)
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)
ARRIS SB6183

acadiel to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

So, what are the 'suggested' limits that this 6183 will handle? (Inquiring minds want to know!)

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

1 recommendation

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by acadiel:

said by BHNtechXpert:

So, what are the 'suggested' limits that this 6183 will handle? (Inquiring minds want to know!)

The 6183 will so a 300 speed or more, so if you get that modem, you're good for a while. At least 2 years of upgrades.

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

DCELL to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

It doesn't look like the 6183 is a wireless router also, nor does it have any Ethernet jacks.... Is that correct? When it gets to that point, I assume when BHN brings on 300/? the modem they provide will double as a wireless router and have at least 4 Ethernet jacks.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to acadiel

Premium Member

to acadiel
No it's a bridge modem....nothin but a modem