Search similar:

uniqs
purcilas
join:2015-02-23
Bowie, MD

purcilas

[Networking] Actiontec-MI424WR-Rev.I & Netgear R7000

Hi Everybody,

Hoping to get some help here. I followed the Rev I Bridge guide (»How-to: Make Actiontec MI424WR Revision I (Rev.I) a Network) in order to bridge my connection and use my Netgear R7000 as my only router.

The Netgear R7000 successfully got the WAN IP, however I am unable to browse the internet. I even tried connecting to IPs directly (to make sure it was not a DNS issue).

From what I read it seems most people have been able to follow the guide and complete the bridge. I thought I was one of the lucky ones but can't figure out why I am unable to browse?

I saw one other post with someone having the same problem and fixed it but they did not post the solution.

Any help with this topic is appreciated.

purcilas
gsu135

gsu135

If you figure this out, please post a solution. I noticed you are in MD too and I wonder if this is some issue with Fios in Maryland?
purcilas
Bowie, MD

purcilas

I am trying! I have reached out to someone on another forum that had similar issues. I really want to get this to work!

WalterWhite
@verizon.net

WalterWhite

Anon

Try disconnecting the Lan 4 to Lan 4 cable as suggested by the Step 21 of that guide. »How-to: Make Actiontec MI424WR Revision I (Rev.I) a Network

And after that reboot everything and see if it starts working again.

I have the same problem as you »[Networking] Something Very Weird is Happening as of late....
purcilas
Bowie, MD

purcilas

Unfortunately that is not the case for me. I havent connected LAN 4 to LAN 4 yet. I am just making sure I get internet access through my router. Even the router says there is no internet even though it gets the WAN ip.

WalterWhite
@verizon.net

WalterWhite

Anon

said by purcilas:

Unfortunately that is not the case for me. I havent connected LAN 4 to LAN 4 yet. I am just making sure I get internet access through my router. Even the router says there is no internet even though it gets the WAN ip.

Alright. Try this. Release IP lease. And redo all the steps.. expect Step 19.a and 19.b
purcilas
Bowie, MD

purcilas

@WalterWhite, I have a feeling that I did something wrong now... Do I need to do BOTH a & b on Step 19? I basically had both matching.

WalterWhite
@verizon.net

WalterWhite

Anon

said by purcilas:

@WalterWhite, I have a feeling that I did something wrong now... Do I need to do BOTH a & b on Step 19? I basically had both matching.

Just skip the 19 step all together and you will be fine.
WalterWhite

WalterWhite to purcilas

Anon

to purcilas
And BTW that is your problem. I made the same mistake when I first did that guide.

You have to technically swap mac ids between router (meaning WAN Mac Id of your router should become WAN Mac ID of Actiontec and WAN MAC ID of Actiontec should become WAN MAC ID of your router).

Or you can skip that step all together and you would still be fine.
said by

purcilas See Profile :

purcilas
Bowie, MD

purcilas

@WalterWhite, yup that was my problem indeed! I was now able to bridge it Now let the testing begin!
purcilas

purcilas

ok so it worked for like 15 minutes then my netgear r7000 atarted changing its own ip randomly!!!

aahhh

WalterWhite
@verizon.net

WalterWhite

Anon

said by purcilas:

ok so it worked for like 15 minutes then my netgear r7000 atarted changing its own ip randomly!!!

aahhh

If you skip step 19.a, 19.b as well as step 21 while being on Stock Netgear R7000 FW. Everything should work expect the VOD, Guide on your Receiver.
purcilas
Bowie, MD

purcilas

so there is no way of getting vod/guide to work?
purcilas

purcilas

Well I skipped step 19 but not 21 and everything has been working fine since last night!