Search similar:

uniqs
tomrainking
join:2010-03-29
Gibbstown, NJ

1 edit

tomrainking

[Equip] New Modem x1

I had some ongoing issues with the triple play with x1. Frequently our guide wouldn't work and the phone/internet was out. Today, the tech came to replace some lines, splitters, and the modem. I used to have the arris navy blue modem now it's a black modem with wifi that says xfinity on it. Any info on this? Is it "better" than the older one or simply a replacement.

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

Re: [Comcast Equip] New Modem x1

You probably had a Docsis 2.0 modem which they replaced with a newer modem that has WiFi in it or what they call a Wireless Gateway.

Jim721
join:2014-07-31
Belleville, MI

Jim721

Or the tech could be pushing there gateway to expand there hot spot coverage. To the OP what model modem did the tech swap out ? And are you seeing better speeds and performance from the new gateway ?

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick to tomrainking

Premium Member

to tomrainking

Re: [Equip] New Modem x1

If you can look at the bottom of the Router/Modem you can find out the model number of the new Modem/Router.
tomrainking
join:2010-03-29
Gibbstown, NJ

tomrainking

Ok...the old modem was an arris: tm822g
The new one is a black one with xfinity on it with model # JRTC8305C

I have noticed a slight increase in speed but I think it's mind over matter because I haven't done any tests. My xbox one used to be hardwired through a router now it's hardwired straight to the new modem...it does seem considerably faster. Any info would help...does it pay to buy a modem to replace the rented one? I have the triple play.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by tomrainking:

The new one is a black one with xfinity on it with model # JRTC8305C
:
Any info would help...does it pay to buy a modem to replace the rented one?

You have the Technicolor TC8305C Advanced Cable Gateway.

Comcast labels it as a "Wireless Gateway 1 (XB2)": »customer.comcast.com/hel ··· ateway-1

Here is the User Guide for it: »docs.technicolor.com/dat ··· 0000.pdf