spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

Speed Bump Promotion?

What is this Mediacom Speed Bump Promotion I just heard about? I saw this on the MC Official Forum "you can use our speed bump promotion that we have going on. You can upgrade to ultra plus for $5 for the first year and $10 for the second year."

I have Prime Plus, what can I get for $5 more a month and $10 a month the second year?
Is this being advertised some where other than the Official forum?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

1 edit

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello Lazy Senior See Profile,

The offer should be available in your area. If you are at the Prime Plus internet, the next speed up would be the Ultra service. If the offer is available, you will be able to get the Ultra service for $5 a month for the first year and $10 a month in the second year additional to what you are paying for the price of the Prime Plus. After the second year, your account would automatically switch to the Ultra service at normal price. I will not be able to do this online, it will have to be done over the phone. You can call us 866-452-4747 or I can have someone can give you a call.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

So if I am paying $55 a month for Prime Plus, Ultra would be $60 a month for the first year and $65 a year for the second year?? Does this offer put one in a 2 yr Contract? This sounds like an interesting offer that I would definitely consider if I have the terms correct.... I once had an Ultra Promo and the speed and reliability was excellent. I would have kept it after my Promo but was told regular price Ultra was $90 a month - too much for my $65 internet budget which is why I dropped back to Prime Plus.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The Speed Bump promotion is not a contract so you would be able to cancel at any time. After the second year, your internet will go to full price for the Ultra which is $79.95. The date for the scheduled yearly increases will start the day you add the Speed Bump to your account.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

Ok, I called the number you provided and got the speed bump ordered without pain or a long phone wait. The CSR said the speed would be increased withing the hour. I can only hope the billing procedure has no problem like the last time I got a promo. It took me a few days to get that one straightened out. Thank you for the info MChad.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

No problem! I'm glad everything worked out well. Let me know if I can help you out with anything else.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

Seems to be working ok...

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Glad to hear it! If you need anything else, I'll be here.
Master5c8
join:2002-09-15
Mansfield, IL

Master5c8 to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
I found my favorite speed tester (»testmy.net) didn't always show full speed after I was upgraded to 150/20, so I searched around and found mediacom's speed tester: »speedtest.mediacomtoday.com/

The mediacom speed tester seems to be located closer in the network to me and usually shows full speed when the regular testers don't quite get there.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by Master5c8:

so I searched around and found mediacom's speed tester: »speedtest.mediacomtoday.com/

Mediacom's link is using OOKLA (speedtest.net). The Mediacom speedtest link is limited however compared to (OOKLA) »www.speedtest.net/ . On speedtest.net you can pick the server and do a whole lot more.... It also will save your results over a period of time giving graphs etc. I suggest you use speedtest.net as it is much more powerful than the mediacomtoday link. Results will be the same if you use the same server.
Master5c8
join:2002-09-15
Mansfield, IL

Master5c8 to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
You're right, I do get the same results from speedtest.net. I just don't like their site. It runs so slow on older computers. Oh well. Thanks!

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

You got a slow computer but Fast Internet..

I also use the OOKLA Speedtest App on my iPad,iPhone and Android tablet. It works really well, It is especially interesting to check my Verizon LTE 4g speed..
Gho5t
join:2010-11-11

Gho5t to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
Does the change take a while to take effect? I just used the promotion, granted its only been 5 minutes lol. But still on the old speeds of prime plus.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hey there Gho5t. I see all the codes are correct through the system, but the provisioning on the modem itself is still set for the Prime Plus speeds. I resent the provisioning, but it has come back up with the old provisioning again. Would you be able to try a factory reset of the modem?
Gho5t

Gho5t

sure ill try right now
Gho5t

Gho5t

nope still old speeds.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The modem is not loading the new provisioning. I will put in a ticket with the Tier 2 department to get this corrected. Generally there is a 24-48 hour turnaround for a Tier 2 ticket, but I will be looking for this to complete and check in with you here when things are looking as they should.
Gho5t

Gho5t

Ok thanks Chad, if it matters the usage page still says 350 data allowance as well. Should i log out to reflect those changes?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

It may take until the next billing cycle for the data usage meter to update, but once we have the correct provisioning in your modem, you will have the Ultra data allowance. It may not show in the meter, but the change takes effect at the same time as the provisioning upgrade.
MediacomChad

MediacomChad to Gho5t

Premium Member

to Gho5t
Hey Gho5t, your modem appears to be offline. Tier 2 is attempting to get the provisioning corrected, but it needs to be online to receive it. Did anything happen there?
Barnstormer
join:2007-12-12
Waverly, IA

Barnstormer to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
Is that deal still available?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hey there Barnstormer. The deal is still available in most areas. I went ahead and pulled up a random account in your area and the offer is available to add. You can call in to have the speed bump added at 1-866-452-4747, or I can arrange to have someone call you directly, just let me know.
Gho5t

Gho5t to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Sorry Chad, it was offline, i thought that might help. Its back on now.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hey there Gho5t! I have Tier 2 working this again and they are about to clear your modem so it will drop offline for a minute again, when it comes back up it should have the proper speeds provisioned.
Gho5t

Gho5t

ok sweet!

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Ok, so, the modem still is not loading the provisioning, but Tier 2 is still working this. You may see your modem resetting a few more times and when it shows the proper provisioning, I will let you know.
MediacomChad

MediacomChad to Gho5t

Premium Member

to Gho5t
Hey Gho5t See Profile I'm showing the modem is currently online and obtaining the proper provisioning file for the Ultra speeds. Could you test the connection for me now?

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior to Gho5t

to Gho5t
said by Gho5t:

Does the change take a while to take effect?

I have my own modem, a Moto SB6141. Within 20 minutes after getting off the phone with the MC CSR the modem reset and I was getting 100mbps plus. It was painless. Also contrary to what Chad said, my Data Usage meter was saying ULtra with 999gb 2 days after the phone call. It did not wait for my billing cycle to change. ALSO and this is a biggie IMO: MC got my upgrade bill correct. Unlike past upgrades they did not try to charge me for a rental modem or other Bogus charges. Unlike my past upgrades I did NOT need MChad's help to get things correct. All in all a much better experience than I have had in the past upgrades with Mediacom.

IMO Mediacom should advertise these promotions on their webpage instead of relying on forums to get the word out. Why hide a Promotion?
Gho5t

Gho5t

Thanks, Lazy Senior! Chad everything seems to be working great now. I'll let you know if something isn't working correctly. Thanks guys. GREAT to hear about the billing issues as well. I have had the phantom modem rental charges. Glad to see those might have possibly been resolved.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to assist you. If you do have any more questions just contact me again.