uniqs
brawney
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Frederick, MD

brawney

Premium Member

[DIRECTV] HD issues last week?

Anybody know what happened inside DTV last week when they were having the HD channel issues? Just curious.
TimCo
join:2005-01-14
Ronkonkoma, NY

TimCo

»www.dbstalk.com/topic/21 ··· y3339161
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc to brawney

to brawney
They Lost old SAT D10 -Moved everything from to the NEW D14-that had just drifted into place the week before
brawney
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Frederick, MD

brawney

Premium Member

said by westdc:

They Lost old SAT D10 -Moved everything from to the NEW D14-that had just drifted into place the week before

I was wondering what they do when a SAT goes bad - I guess there are all kinds of extra capacity built into the satellite for these kinds of problems, and apparently D10 is old so they knew it's time was limited anyway. Sounds like the replacement got there just in time. You got to wonder just how much their business is at risk since satellites are so remote, too expensive (or impossible) to repair, and can't be replaced quickly. But I'm sure they have a lot of very smart people who have all this figured out. I'm sure it was a big job to make the move to the new satellite as fast as they did.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp to westdc

Premium Member

to westdc
D10 is back and they moved some of the channels back also... D10 is also not that old and about 50% into its life expectancy