spc
Search similar:

uniqs

SNOOPYXP_SP2
join:2000-05-25
Oakland, CA

SNOOPYXP_SP2

IP Blocked

If my IP address is blocked from a website, how does one get access to the site again. I read somewhere else that turning off a router AND modem for a few hours might do the trick? I got blocked from a forum due to a disagreement.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

3 recommendations

trparky

Premium Member

A lot of ISPs including cable Internet services don't provide dynamic IPs anymore, they provide semi-static IP addresses in the sense that most of the time your IP will never ever change.

Best thing to do is get into contact with the administration staff of the forum and apologize.

Sorry, but that's the best thing I can offer.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to SNOOPYXP_SP2

Premium Member

to SNOOPYXP_SP2
Have you tried accessing it with TOR browser?

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC

Chubbzie to SNOOPYXP_SP2

to SNOOPYXP_SP2
said by SNOOPYXP_SP2:

how does one get access to the site again

Proxy
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada

TheMG to SNOOPYXP_SP2

Premium Member

to SNOOPYXP_SP2
Changing the MAC address of the router works with most ISPs.

But if you're using an all-in-one gateway modem/router provided by your ISP you're probably SOL as they usually don't offer that option.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

1 recommendation

HELLFIRE to SNOOPYXP_SP2

MVM

to SNOOPYXP_SP2
Temporary or Permanent ban?

Something to consider is they may not have banned your particular IP address but the entire subnet it sits in, eg. say for example
your IP address is 192.168.16.47, but what they banned was 192.168.0.0/16. So long as you're getting an IP address within the
192.168.x.x range, you're never going to be able to access that webpage.

My 00000010bits

Regards
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

2 recommendations

TheWiseGuy to SNOOPYXP_SP2

MVM

to SNOOPYXP_SP2
Be careful. If they are serious about the ban, there was at least one legal ruling that held intentionally bypassing an IP address ban a crime. It could be considered Accessing the computers without authorization.

Best bet is to contact the site as trparky See Profile stated and apologize and ask for the ban to be lifted.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to SNOOPYXP_SP2

to SNOOPYXP_SP2
If you have a router and and a PC connected then you could turn off everything, PC, Router and Modem. Connect PC direct to the Modem and power up the Modem then the PC. You should get a new address. If you connected it up the old way to soon before the old IP gets used by some one else you may get the old IP back. So wait a while before putting it back to normal.

Or as someone else already said, you may be able to change the routers Clone PC's MAC address settings to force a new IP on Reboot of everything.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

3 recommendations

Blackbird to SNOOPYXP_SP2

Premium Member

to SNOOPYXP_SP2
+1 to what trparky See Profile wrote. If you were banned, it was for a reason - good or bad, correct or incorrect. Doing an end-run around the ban simply proves to the site mods that you deserved the ban. Usually bans involve an interpretation that site rules were broken; removing bans involves proving you can again be trusted to obey the rules. Contact them directly and politely show you didn't break the rules in the first place or else find out what you need to do to get reinstated. The key thing to keep firmly in mind is that at the end of the day, it's only a forum - and there's life after forums.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA

1 recommendation

scelli (banned)

said by Blackbird:

Doing an end-run around the ban simply proves to the site mods that you deserved the ban.

Exactly, and this was my first thought when initially reading the OP.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to HELLFIRE

MVM

to HELLFIRE
Your example is very accurate. UCEPROTECT »www.uceprotect.net/en/ constantly snags entire subnets when only one IP address is at fault for Spamming or whatever. The best thing that can be done, short of paying them to take your IP off their list which is one thing that is offered is to just give it a while, up to 6 weeks, and they will eventually clear it up.